NSW Health authorities are investigating whether multiple sources of infection caused the devastating outbreak of COVID-19 at the Anglicare Newmarch aged care facility
Authorities are investigating the possibility a previously identified employee was not the initial source of the outbreak.
Play video More staff and residents have tested positive for the virus over the past week, taking the total number to 26 staff members and 37 residents, fuelling anxiety and concern among relatives of the residents.Larger text size Very large text size NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance has wound back criticism of Transurban for upping its prices during the coronavirus crisis, saying he doesn't want to go to war with the tolling giant given they will likely need to work together on future major road projects.NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro bows out of Eden-Monaro race 03/05/2020 | 4min As NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro is reportedly expected to declare he will not be running for the vacant seat of Eden-Monaro, Liberal Senator Jim Molan has told Sky News he’d “love to do it,” but has not yet made up his mind.From next weekend, real estate agents in New South Wales will once again be able to hold traditional property inspections and on-site auctions.
Dr Chant has previously stressed that families had the option of taking home their relatives who tested negative.But this is not a feasible option for some.Transport Minister Andrew Constance has appeared to wind back criticism of tolling giant Transurban.Liz Lane wants her 84-year-old mother Rose Davies, who she said has "aggressive dementia", relocated from the Lawson wing of Newmarch House where many of the infected residents are located.He told Sky News host Paul Murray, whether Mr Constance runs or not is “irrelevant” to him and said it “won’t impact on me in anyway shape or form”.Ms Lane said her mother had tested negative three times to COVID-19, but she wished to see her moved to another nursing home or to a hospital where she can be safely cared for in isolation."I want the government to have a very strong working partnership with the organisation into the future but at the same time you've got to balance that out with the immediate needs and the cost pressures that the community are under,” Mr Constance said."I don’t think Mum’s safe while she’s in there and they’re still getting positive cases," Ms Lane said.“Choosing a home is one of the biggest decisions anybody makes and easing the restrictions to ensure people can more easily inspect, buy or rent a property is an important step for NSW,” Mr Perrottet said.
"To me it’s simple.Advertisement "Our way of dealing with that is not to go to war with Transurban.Favourite.Wheel my mother out the door and send her to Nepean [Hospital] for 14 days." Families were informed this week that steps are now being taken to separate COVID-19 positive residents in the worst-hit wing of Newmarch House from those who have tested negative.Meanwhile, the company is also eyeing the future Western Harbour Tunnel as a potential investment.Anglicare declined to comment.NSW Labor leader Jodi McKay urged Health Minister Brad Hazzard to use his power under the Public Health Act to intervene and ensure healthy residents were relocated from the facility.Credit: AAP "We're in a small pond in Australia in terms of options, I'm very concerned about the breadth and capacity that we will see in the post-pandemic world,” Mr Constance said.Health Minister Brad Hazzard said the measures were crucial in protecting people and slowing the rate of spread of COVID-19 in NSW.
“Mr Hazzard must show leadership and take full control of this situation before a single further life is lost,” Ms McKay said."This includes moving residents without the virus away from harm, and ensuring those who have contracted COVID-19 are getting the best, most appropriate care.In an investor briefing on Monday, Transurban revealed it had suffered a 40 to 50 per cent reduction to traffic numbers on its Sydney tolls through late March and early April before numbers levelled out to a 36 per cent decline by the end of the month.” But Mr Hazzard rejected this approach of using ministerial powers to remove residents, saying it was not in line with the advice he was receiving from NSW Health authorities, including the infectious disease expert assigned to manage the Newmarch House outbreak."He [the infectious disease expert] specifically advised me that under no circumstances should these people be removed unless it was done with their clinicans' support and their support."I would've expected an even greater reduction than 40 per cent.It is not a matter for the minister," Mr Hazzard said.“If we want to keep as many people in jobs as possible and businesses in business it is important to follow the safety advice and not put others at risk,” Mr Perrottet said.
Sign up to our Coronavirus Update newsletter Get our Coronavirus Update newsletter for the day's crucial developments at a glance, the numbers you need to know and what our readers are saying..Sign up to The Sydney Morning Herald's.
It’s sad when management are slack and in this case big time Nursing homes and cruise ships are death traps
NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance dials back criticism of Transurban amid COVID-19 crisisNSW Transport Minister has wound back criticism of Transurban for increasing their prices, saying he doesn't want to go to war with the tolling giant | rabe9 Rabe9 Bro, aren't you retiring from politics Rabe9 Scared of upsetting the donors and their mates. Grow some apples!!! Rabe9 Transurban are the worst corporate citizens we have in Australia. Just a rapacious disgusting company
NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro bows out of Eden-Monaro race | Sky News AustraliaAs NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro is reportedly expected to declare he will not be running for the vacant seat of Eden-Monaro, Liberal Senator Jim Molan has told Sky News he’d “love to do it,” but has not yet made up his mind.\n\nMr Barilaro will on Monday announce he won’t be running for the seat, leaving Mr Molan or Liberal NSW cabinet minister Andrew Constance as the likely coalition candidate for the election .\n\nMr Molan said it would have been a “big call” for the Nationals to take its vote from seven per cent “up to a winning per cent anyhow”.\n\nHe told Sky News host Paul Murray, whether Mr Constance runs or not is “irrelevant” to him and said it “won’t impact on me in anyway shape or form”.\n\n“This is going to be extraordinarily hard for the government, for the coalition, to win”.\n\nLabor will on Monday announce Kristy McBain, the Mayor of Bega, as its candidate for the seat.\n Do you have to live in the electorate to run for the office? I wonder why? Good
Virus restrictions on the real estate sector in NSW to be easedNew South Wales will wind back another significant coronavirus ban next week, and it’s one that has a significant economic impact. inspections routineinspections auctions to quick too soon people always lots of people, conjestions too quick too soon, coronavirus is still around so how winter is coming in Australia SocialDistancing health should be prority all it will be all hard work for nothing That’s a relief. Agents can stop giving financial advice now It's one that could have a significant health impact on the tenants that will be forced to have many people come into their homes this weekend
NSW Deputy Premier will not contest Eden-Monaro, paving way for his cabinet colleagueNSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro will not contest the key federal seat of Eden-Monaro, paving the way for the state's transport minister Andrew Constance to make the switch to national politics. Both suck eggs Does that mean Cobargo keeps the “emergency housing” for those who lost their homes in the “recent” 🔥 🔥 net11e Surely not Constance is an undercover lefty
NSW bakery opens community market | Sky News AustraliaThe Glenorie Bakery in Sydney is engaging with local producers to keep business going and staff employed, an example of Australians showing how adaptable they can be during the pandemic.\n\nImage: News Corp Australia\n TimgGilbert How many pies did you smash Tim 🤙🤙 TimgGilbert The chap running the show here seems like a smart, nice bloke. I did, however, notice he quickly wiped under his nose with his hand, and also, but not in the same moment, handled an apple with bare hands.
'We might have dodged a bullet': How COVID-19 restrictions affected our healthSocial distancing restrictions appear to be stopping the spread of COVID-19 but they are also producing a range of other health outcomes – good and bad | smh_andrew _andrew MÓN TRAI TRAI NƯỚNG MỠ HÀNH SIÊU KHỦNG- NGON NHẤT VỊNH BẮC BỘ _andrew Legitimately afraid of the longitudinal effects of COVID__19. I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg in relation to mental health, domestic abuse and animal neglect/abuse concerned hopeimwrong _andrew The supplied photo is interesting.... Vandalism of public park benches caused them being used as exercise equipment.