Head Topics - HeadTopics.com
Head Topics is committed to the protection of personal data and to treat your privacy with respect. This policy explains what information is collected, how it is used and how we protect it.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Automatically Collected Information: Your IP address, browser type, operating system, reference page, pages you visit, applications used, date and time information.
- Information Provided by the User: Name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number (via optional forms).
How is the Information Used?
- Measuring and improving the performance of our website.
- Respond to user requests and feedback.
- Customise our services and content.
- Inform about new features and services.
Third Party Access
Your personal data is not transferred to any third parties other than the third-party service providers we work with to deliver and improve our services. This data transfer is only carried out in accordance with legal requirements and under confidentiality agreements.
Head Topics takes security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect your personal data. However, it is important to remember that no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure.
How Can You Review, Edit or Delete Your Personal Data?
You can request review, editing or deletion of your personal data at any time. You can send an e-mail to email@example.com for your requests.
Last Updated: 10 October 2023.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice
At Head Topics, it is essential for us to protect the privacy and trust of our users. This notice is intended to inform our users about how personal information is collected and to help them understand their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
2. Personal Information We Collect:
"Personal Information" refers to data that can be directly or indirectly associated with a particular consumer or household. We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information:Information such as names, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data:IP addresses, browser types, device information and other relevant technical details.
- Usage Data:Information about your visits to our Site, the resources you access and your usage habits.
- Preferences:Your news interests, regions of interest and other preference data.
3. Purpose of Collection:
We collect and use data for various purposes:
- Content Personalisation:Delivering customised news summaries based on your preferences and location.
- Communication:Keeping you updated through e-newsletters, notifications and social media interactions.
- User Experience:Data analysis to enhance user experience, optimise performance and refine our services.
- Marketing Initiatives:Creating marketing strategies, campaigns and promotions aligned with our user base.
4. Sharing Personal Information:
We treat your data with respect. We are not in the business of selling your personal information. However, there may be some circumstances that may require data sharing:
- Trusted Partners:We may share data to improve service offerings, provide analytics, or for operational imperatives, while ensuring that our partners adhere to strict privacy rules.
- Legal Obligations:We may disclose personal information when required to do so by law or when we believe in good faith that such action is necessary.
5. Your Rights Under the CCPA:
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the CCPA:
- Right to Information:You have the right to receive information about the personal information we collect, the methods and reasons for our collection, and the third parties involved.
- Right to Erasure:You may request deletion of the personal information we have collected from you.
- Right to Refuse Sale:If we engage in the sale of your personal information, you can request that we refuse to do so.
- Right to Non-Discrimination:We undertake not to treat you unfavourably if you exercise your CCPA rights.
6. How to Exercise Your Rights:
If you have questions or concerns about exercising your rights under the CCPA or about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Changes to this Notice:
As the digital world evolves, our notice may be updated accordingly. When significant changes are made, we will notify you through our platforms or through direct communication.
Trust forms the basis of our relationship. At Head Topics, like the news we provide, your privacy is not a priority for us, but a commitment.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Information
Head Topics is committed to protecting and respectfully processing users' personal data. This text explains what information is collected, how it is used and how we protect this information.
2. Data Controller:
Head Topics acts as controller of your personal data. You can contact us at email@example.com.
3. What Information Do We Collect?
- User Contact Information:First name, surname, e-mail address.
- Technical Information:IP address, browser type, device information, duration and frequency of use.
- Content Preferences:News categories, regions followed.
4. Use of Information:
The data we collect is used for the following purposes:
A. Personalised Content:
The data we collect is used to deliver news content tailored to the user's interests, preferences and behaviour. In this way, more relevant and interesting content is created for users.
B. Improving Service Quality:
User behaviours and feedbacks are analysed to improve the user experience of our website and mobile application.
C. Technical Support and Troubleshooting:
Data is used to understand the technical problems encountered by users and to quickly produce solutions to these problems.
D. Marketing and Promotion Activities:
Demographic data and usage habits are analysed in order to offer special campaigns, discounts and promotions to users.
E. User Interaction:
E-mail addresses and other contact information are used to communicate more effectively with users and receive their feedback.
F. Legal Obligations:
The collected data may be stored to provide the information requested by legal regulations to the competent authorities.
G. Security and Fraud Prevention:
In order to ensure the security of users and prevent any fraudulent activity, the user's activities are monitored and necessary security protocols are applied.
5. Information Retention Period:
Your data is stored for a certain period of time, taking into account legal obligations and data retention periods. It is then securely deleted.
A. General Principles:
Head Topics stores the personal data it collects only in accordance with legal requirements and the stated purposes of processing. When the purpose for storing the data ceases to exist or the statutory retention period expires, the data is deleted, destroyed or anonymised.
B. Account Information:
Unless you delete your user account or make a special deletion request, your account information is stored in active user status.
C. E-Mail and Contact Information:
Your e-mail address and contact information are retained unless you subscribe to or unsubscribe from our e-mail newsletter.
D. Log Files and Technical Data:
Technical data and log files relating to your access to the Site are generally retained for 12 months. However, this data may be stored for longer periods for security checks and possible legal investigations.
E. Legal Obligations:
Some legal obligations, especially tax and commercial laws, may require data to be retained for a certain period of time. At the end of these periods, the relevant data is securely deleted.
The storage period of the cookies we use on our website may vary depending on the type of cookie used. While session cookies are automatically deleted when your session ends, persistent cookies may be stored on your device for a longer period of time.
G. Deletion Requests:
Data deletion requests of users are processed within 30 days from the date of receipt of the request and the relevant data is deleted, destroyed or anonymised.
6. Third Party Access:
Your personal data is shared with third parties only for the purpose of providing services or as required by legal obligations.
7. Data Security:
Your data is protected against unauthorised access and malicious threats.
A. Protection Measures:
Head Topics takes industry-standard safeguards to ensure the security of the personal data it collects. These measures are designed to protect user data against unauthorised access, data loss, data misuse and data theft.
User information is encrypted to protect against possible external attacks during data transfer. Strong encryption protocols are used especially in the transfer of payment and personal information.
C. Firewall and Antivirus:
Our servers are constantly protected with up-to-date firewall and antivirus programmes.
D. Access Control:
Access to personal data is provided only by authorised personnel and only to the extent necessary to fulfil their job-related duties.
Our personnel are subjected to continuous training on data security and protection principles, so that they have the necessary knowledge to guarantee the correct and secure processing of data.
F. Physical Security:
The data centres where data is physically stored are protected by high security measures against possible physical threats.
G. Data Breaches:
In the event of any data breach, the relevant authorities and affected users are immediately notified. In addition, necessary arrangements are quickly made to prevent the recurrence of such breaches.
8. User Rights:
Pursuant to the GDPR, you have the right to access, request rectification, request erasure and limit the processing of the data we collect.
A. Right of Access:
Users may request access to the personal data we collect. This right includes the right to learn what personal data is processed and to receive information about this data.
B. Right to rectification:
Users may request correction in case of incomplete or incorrect processing of their personal data.
C. Right to Erasure or Destruction:
Users may request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the conditions for processing personal data no longer exist.
D. Right to Restriction of Processing:
Users may request the restriction of the processing of their personal data for
During the period of checking the accuracy of personal data.
In case of unlawful processing of personal data, request limitation instead of deletion.
Even if the data is not needed, to request that it be stored in order to protect legal rights.
E. Right to Data Portability:
Users may request the transfer of their personal data to another data controller.
F. Right to Object:
In case their personal data are analysed, users may object to such processing if they believe that such analysis may lead to negative consequences.
G. Right to Object to Decisions Taken by Automated Systems:
Users have the right to object to decisions taken by automated systems that are against them.
H. Right to Explicit Consent:
If personal data processing is based on explicit consent, users may withdraw this consent at any time.
10. Policy Changes:
For questions about data protection and privacy, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.