DOH mulls allowing people ages 50 to 59 to receive 2nd booster shot

25/06/2022 9:00:00 PM

The Department of Health is studying the possibility of allowing adults between the ages of 50 and 59 to get a second COVID-19 booster shot.

Covid-19 Vaccination Activities, Department Of Health

The Department of Health is studying the possibility of allowing adults between the ages of 50 and 59 to get a second COVID-19 booster shot.

The Department of Health is studying the possibility of allowing adults between the ages of 50 and 59 to get a second COVID-19 booster shot.

"We are also looking at whether 50 to 59-year-olds could be included, as well as immunocompromised frontliners," she added.Should the experts recommend expanding the coverage to this age group, Vergeire said the emergency use authorization issued by the Food and Drug Administration must be amended.

"Discussions are ongoing. We will be presenting to the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) on Monday and in case there will be an approval from our officials, we will be processing and facilitating this with the FDA and our HTAC (Health Technology Assessment Council)," she said.

Read more:
GMA News »

How tedious license renewal requirements result in push to amend CPD law

For years, Filipino professionals have frowned upon the tedious process of earning units from costly seminars just to have their licenses renewed Read more >>

Ano ba ginagawa sa ibang bansa? Baka naman we can aligned with what the world have studied na.

DOH reminds public: Second Covid-19 booster shot only for specific sectors for nowThe Department of Health (DOH) reminded the public that the second booster shot of Covid-19 vaccines are being given only to healthcare workers, senior citizens, and immunocompromised adults as of this time.

Philippines logs 777 new COVID-19 cases as active tally hits 6,425The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday recorded 777 new COVID-19 cases, the highest single-day tally since March. 

Two dead, 10 wounded in Norway nightclub shooting, police sayTwo people were killed and around 10 wounded on Saturday in a shooting at a nightclub in Norway&39;s capital Oslo, Norwegian police said.

Gunman opens fire at Oslo gay bar, killing two on Pride parade dayTwo people died, while 10 others are seriously injured after the 42-year-old suspect shot the victims inside and outside a well-known gay bar in Norway.

Gunman opens fire at Oslo gay bar, killing 2 on Pride parade dayA suspect, a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen of Iranian origin, was detained minutes after, according to police who said they believed he acted alone. “There is reason to think that this may be a hate crime,” officers told a news conference. Pride READ: I don’t know why it’s necessary to put someone’s ethnicity in this report. I feel like it contributes implicitly to the already growing xenophobia in Europe. Yan ang napapala nyo. Sobrang bait nyo sa kanila. Tinanggap nyo, binigyan ng trabaho. Itigil nyo na kasi yung pagpapasok ng mga refugee galing middle east.

HRW: ICC prosecutor's request to continue probe into Philippines' drug war 'booster' for accountabilityInternational group Human Rights Watch on Saturday welcomed the International Criminal Court prosecutor&39;s request for a pre-trial chamber to authorize the resumption of the investigation into the war on drugs in the Philippines under President Rodrigo Duterte.

"Actually, we started our discussions with our experts last week, and we are studying which sectors can be added.Analou de Vera Coronavirus vaccines have been prepared for distribution at a vaccination site in Manila on May 18, 2021.By RICHA NORIEGA, GMA News Published June 25, 2022 7:19pm The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday recorded 777 new COVID-19 cases, the highest single-day tally since March.Published June 25, 2022 9:11am Security forces stand at the site where several people were injured during a shooting outside the London pub in central Oslo, Norway June 25, 2022.

We are looking at the evidence," Health Undersecretary and spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire said in a mix of Filipino and English at the Laging Handa briefing on Saturday. "We are also looking at whether 50 to 59-year-olds could be included, as well as immunocompromised frontliners," she added. The DOH reiterated that this policy is in accordance with the recommendation of the Health Technology Assessment Council (HTAC). Should the experts recommend expanding the coverage to this age group, Vergeire said the emergency use authorization issued by the Food and Drug Administration must be amended. The top regions with cases in the recent two weeks were the National Capital Region with 3,455, followed by Calabarzon with 1,211, Western Visayas with 601, Central Luzon with 460, and Central Visayas with 310. "Discussions are ongoing. “Healthcare workers are given the second booster in consideration of their high risk exposures to patients,” it added. We will be presenting to the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) on Monday and in case there will be an approval from our officials, we will be processing and facilitating this with the FDA and our HTAC (Health Technology Assessment Council)," she said. It was not immediately clear what was the motive for the attack.

At present, only frontline healthcare workers, senior citizens, and immunocompromised individuals are qualified for the second booster shot.” “Only one out of five Filipinos eligible for a first booster (around 14.9%, with 5,304 beds occupied and 24,325 vacant. Meanwhile, about 100 immunocompromised 12 to 17-year-olds have received their booster doses following its rollout this week. "Hopefully, in the coming weeks we will see a slow increase of 12 to 17-year olds who have received their booster doses because they really need them," Vergeire said, as she assured that there is a sufficient supply of Pfizer booster doses. “DOH invites our private sector partners to please help get the jab done by encouraging all employees, store owners, and others to get their first booster,” it added. — VBL, GMA News .