Health Ministry, Novel Coronavirus, Wuhan Virus, 2019-Ncov, Noor Hisham Abdullah

Health Ministry, Novel Coronavirus

Wuhan virus: Fourth victim confirmed in Malaysia

Wuhan virus: Fourth victim confirmed in Malaysia

25.1.2020

Wuhan virus: Fourth victim confirmed in Malaysia

PETALING JAYA: The Health Ministry has confirmed another case of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection in the country, the fourth so far.

Health Director-General Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (pic) said the case did not have any connection to the three other cases reported earlier. “The latest case involves a 40-year-old man from Wuhan, China. He came to Johor Baru on Jan 22 via a bus from Singapore, together with 17 other tourists from China. “The man started exhibiting signs of a fever on Jan 23 and the next day he sought treatment at a private hospital there, ” he said in a statement on Saturday (Jan 25). He said the man was referred to Hospital Sultanah Aminah’s Infectious Disease Medical Team in Johor Baru. “Tests to trace and verify the case have been sent to the Medical Research Institute. “On Saturday, the National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) received a report that the sample taken from the man was positive for 2019-nCoV, ” Dr Noor Hisham said. He added that the man was still suffering from fever and a cough, but was otherwise in a stable condition. “The State Health Department immediately went to work to track down the 17 others in the tour group to administer health checks. “Initial screenings revealed none of them have any symptoms of the virus. “Clinical samples have been taken from them for 2019-nCoV tests and verification at the Sungai Buloh National Public Health Laboratory, ” he said, adding that all of the 17 have been placed under observation and quarantine orders while awaiting the test results. The three earlier cases were also China nationals from Wuhan, family members of the 66-year-old Chinese patient confirmed in Singapore recently. The victims were the 65-year-old wife of the patient in Singapore, and their two grandchildren aged two and 11 years old. The patients were known to had been part of a group of 10 that had travelled to Singapore from Guangzhou on Jan 20. While in Singapore, the 66-year-old man and his son were confirmed to have the virus while the rest showed no signs. Article type: free Read more: The Star

Freakin' ban those flights from Chin already. What is more important, VMY2020 or the lives of our Malaysians It’s so fast spreading..better quarantine those arrived from those country or block temporary..if we got d disease r authorities goin to responsible for letting them? Dah meningkat, any action yet hah gov?

Tak mustahil jadi 2nd after China. Prevention is better than cure. Dont play with people's lives. Tourism, money or anything cant replace dead Malaysian. There are people dropping like zombies in China. Mainland Chinese people difficult to follow rules & they will abscond KKMPutrajaya pakatanharapan_ jpm

Ban them from coming in and take this thing extremely serious, not some profit tourism thing to be considered anymore. When the whole world turns red 2019 NCoV holosehun Yall prolly waiting for the 400th victim to start the ban huh waiting for someone to die? what is the health minister doing? Ban them!!

Wuhan man becomes fourth coronavirus victim in M'siaCORONAVIRUS | He arrived from Singapore together with 17 others on Wednesday. Blessings to the Johoreans for now & maybe to the Malaccans & KL residents, next. Ban Chinese tourists...!!!! Should be contained n before spreading any further in this country. To be on the safe side, ban all travellers from China, temporarily, until the situation is back to normal.

Koronavirus: Rakyat Malaysia di Wuhan selamatgeorgetown Rakyat Malaysia yang menetap di Wuhan, China dilaporkan selamat dari wabak koronavirus 2019-nCoV.

Japan confirms second case of Wuhan virusMan who arrived in Japan on Sunday is currently hospitalised. FMTNews coronavirus China

Singapura sahkan kes pertama virus WuhanKes membabitkan seorang lelaki warga China berusia 66 tahun dari Wuhan yang tiba di Singapura dengan keluarganya pada 20 Jan lepas. FMTNews coronavirus China Singapura

Wuhan virus: Eight in isolation in JB after coming into contact with Singapore victimIPOH: Eight people have been isolated and are being monitored by health officers at a hotel in Johor Baru for symptoms related to the Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Pergghhh😇😢 Exotic animal restaurant to goes bancrupt ?... Who want their cobra, monkey soup anymore.? . 😇😭 Man..those greed appetites halted now

Temperature screening at Singapore checkpoints to check for Wuhan virusThe republic's Immigration & Checkpoints Authority says all travellers arriving by land will have to undergo the screening. FMTNews Wuhan virus



Forest reserve being degazetted to prevent bush fires, says Selangor MB | The Malaysian Insight

Hutan Kuala Langat sudah hilang sifat hutan simpan, jelas MB Selangor | The Malaysian Insight

Selangor MB dismisses documents ‘proving’ Orang Asli land ownership in forest reserve | The Malaysian Insight

'Saya dahaga publisiti? Sangat kelakar...' - Aliff Syukri

Permohonan UPUOnline dibuka Isnin ini

JAIS akan panggil Muhammad Sajjad

Selangor MB defends degazetting of Kuala Langat North Forest Reserve

Write Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Please try again later.

Latest News

News

26 January 2020, Sunday News

Previous news

One more positive coronavirus case in Malaysia, bringing total to 4

Next news

Nabbed: Duo who assaulted bus driver and wreaked havoc at police station
Faraid yang terbaik AG drops court cases against 12, including DAP reps, accused of supporting LTTE | Malay Mail Curi kulit geduk untuk kepercayaan tahyul 190 penuntut warga China UMS dikuarantin Batal tempahan lebih 15,000 bilik hotel di Johor Alarm as S Korea's Covid-19 cases surge to 204 Polis Hong Kong dijangkiti Covid-19, berpuluh pegawai dikuarantin Menteri dalam negeri perlu kaji semula gazet kumpulan pengganas, kata Tommy | The Malaysian Insight Kontraktor MDM bersih pantai hari-hari Najib, Rosmah selesai beri keterangan 'After Apec' vague, transition date will dispel backdoor gov’t talk - PKR MP Zed Zaidi, three others, charged with fear-mongering over Covid-19
Forest reserve being degazetted to prevent bush fires, says Selangor MB | The Malaysian Insight Hutan Kuala Langat sudah hilang sifat hutan simpan, jelas MB Selangor | The Malaysian Insight Selangor MB dismisses documents ‘proving’ Orang Asli land ownership in forest reserve | The Malaysian Insight 'Saya dahaga publisiti? Sangat kelakar...' - Aliff Syukri Permohonan UPUOnline dibuka Isnin ini JAIS akan panggil Muhammad Sajjad Selangor MB defends degazetting of Kuala Langat North Forest Reserve Four-times divorced movie producer A. Aida says ‘no’ to seven marriage proposals because suitors did not have six-pack abs | Malay Mail Selangor govt to replace 931 hectares of forest reserves that will be de-gazetted Wanita MCA slams PAS gov't on 'no women singing for men' rule Prototype for 3rd national car ready, says Dr M S'gor gov't wants to build mega-business park on a forest reserve