Condo as gambling centre: 20 arrested in JB
JOHOR BARU : Police have arrested 20 individuals, including seven foreigners, for using a condominium as an entertainment and gambling centre.
"The suspects include 13 local men, a Singaporean man, a Thai man and five Vietnamese women."Investigations reveal that the syndicate's modus operandi was to transform condominium units into entertainment and gambling centres during the MCO period.
"All suspects have been brought to the Johor police headquarters for further investigations," he said in a press conference at the state police headquarters on Friday (April 10).He added that seven of the suspects had criminal records related to drugs, gambling, prostitution and criminal activities while 12 tested positive for drugs.
"We have also seized two speakers, two televisions, two microphones, RM56,400 in cash, 52 pieces of cards, more than 34g of ketamine as well as about 17g of syabu," Comm Ayob said.He said the case was being investigated under Section 6(1) of the Common Gaming Houses Act 1953, which provides for fines up to RM5,000 or jail up to six months or both if found guilty.
"The case is also being investigated under Rule 11 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 2020, where they could face fines up to RM1,000 or up to six months' jail sentence or both if convicted."For suspects who are foreigners, they will also be investigated under Section 6(1)(c) of the Immigration Act 1959/53," he said.
He added that the drugs offences are being investigated under Section 12(2) and Section 15(1) of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.
Read more: The Star
nadhiwreck dygha_ behave eh haha
Proton sasar keluar 60,000 pelindung muka untuk petugas baris depan dalam 20 hariOperasi pengeluaran yang melibatkan kakitangan Proton itu dijangka bermula pada 13 April ini di ibu pejabatnya di Shah Alam. FMTNews Covid19 Proton
Proton to produce 60,000 face shields in 20 days for frontlinersIt had earlier loaned 50 Proton X70 for use by the health ministry. FMTNews Covid19
Real Madrid players agree to 10-20 percent wage cutMADRID (Reuters) - Real Madrid's playing and coaching staff have voluntarily agreed to take a wage cut of between 10 and 20 percent this year to help the club deal with the stoppage caused by the coronavirus outbreak, the La Liga side said in a statement on Wednesday.
Nearly 50 per cent of individuals aged 20 to 24 use internet to seek jobsPUTRAJAYA: An analysis of internet usage nationwide has found that 49.5 per cent of individuals in the age group 20 to 24 were more likely to use the Internet to find a job or submit a job application.
Real Madrid players accept up to 20% pay cutPlayers, coaches, key directors from the club's football and basketball teams voluntarily agreed to the reduction. FMTNews RealMadrid Covid19 LaLiga PayCut Greedy bastards, Real never was a likable team and this crisis just confirms their perceived bad character. Barca guys just take a 70% hit, nice guys.
Viral video of people storming CIQ in JB is from last yearJohor Immigration to file a police report over clips that spread online. Police must charge fuziah99 for spreading fake news.