SINGAPORE - Public mass for Catholics here will be suspended indefinitely from noon on Saturday (Feb 15) in order to minimise the risk of coronavirus spread, said the Archbishop of Singapore William Goh on Friday (Feb 14).. Read more at straitstimes.com.SINGAPORE - Public mass for Catholics here will be suspended indefinitely from noon on Saturday (Feb 15) in order to minimise the risk of coronavirus spread, said the Archbishop of Singapore William Goh on Friday (Feb 14). In a letter posted on the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore's website as well as on its Facebook page, Archbishop Goh said that all other public Catholic events with large numbers of people attending, such as formation sessions, retreats and seminars, should be suspended as well. He added that before suspending mass and other religious activities, mandatory temperature screenings for all congregants was considered. But Archbishop Goh said screening is not"fool-proof" as people who have no symptoms could be carriers of the infection. "Thus, implementing temperature screening may not entirely help prevent the spread of this infection even though it does mitigate the possibility of its transmission," added Archbishop Goh. "As Catholics, we need to be responsible in playing our part to contain the spread of this virus by avoiding large gatherings of people." Places of worship have come under the spotlight recently after some were linked to the coronavirus outbreak. Since Wednesday, the Grace Assembly of God church has stopped all services and activities for two weeks after it was reported that two of its employees had contracted the coronavirus. Another six cases were linked to the church on Friday and five cases the day before, making it 13 cases there in total. It is the third church affected by the outbreak. A 71-year-old Singaporean visited Paya Lebar Methodist Church before he tested positive for the virus, while a couple from Wuhan and three Singaporeans have been linked to an infection cluster at The Life Church and Missions Singapore in Paya Lebar. On Friday, Archbishop Goh said that the cancellation of mass does not mean that Catholics can excuse themselves from fulfilling their religious obligations. He added that they should still follow the broadcast of mass, which will streamed on YouTube and on the CatholicSG Radio app. He said for private events that require the Catholic Church's involvement, like weddings and funerals, arrangements will have to be made with the parish priest, and that all precautionary measures must be taken. Related Stories: Read more: The Straits Times
i hope the rest of the churches, temples, mosque, schools and large events consider a break for awhile to take stock and halt the transmission. finally some common sense
Apple to reopen some stores in Beijing on Feb 14Apple will reopen some stores in Beijing from Feb. 14 with reduced opening hours, it said on its website, while many of its other stores in ... This must be a P.R. move to calm the world markets ! Apple is losing money very fast and will put employees at high risk of contacting the CoronaVirus over profits. Don't let Apple fool you !
Apple to reopen some stores in Beijing on Feb. 14 - websiteApple will reopen some stores in Beijing from Feb. 14 with reduced opening hours, it said on its website, while many of its other stores in ...
GCE A-level results out on Feb 21SINGAPORE - The results of last year's GCE A-level examination will be released next Friday (Feb 21).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Total Defence Day signal to be sounded islandwide on Feb 15SINGAPORE: The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) will sound the 'Important Message' signal on Saturday (Feb 15) in support of Total Defence Day.
Coronavirus: Services, activities temporarily suspended after Grace Assembly of God church identified as a clusterSINGAPORE - Services and activities at both branches of the Grace Assembly of God church will be stopped for the next two weeks after it emerged as the fifth cluster of the coronavirus infection in Singapore.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Coronavirus: MOM bans 2 work pass holders for breaching re-entry rules, suspends employers' privilegesSINGAPORE - The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has revoked the work passes of two workers and suspended their employers' work pass privileges for breaching entry approval requirements.. Read more at straitstimes.com.