Queen strips Prince Andrew of military roles and royal patronages

2022-01-13 10:30:00 PM

Queen strips Prince Andrew of military roles and royal patronages

Queen strips Prince Andrew of military roles and royal patronages

Queen’s son is facing a US civil lawsuit alleging sex abuse linked to Epstein

Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York, looks on during the funeral of Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, in Windsor, Britain, April 17 2021. Picture: CHRIS JACKSON/REUTERSThursday’s move by the royal family means he will now lose all his royal connections.

On Wednesday, Andrew’s lawyers failed to persuade a US judge to dismiss a civil lawsuit in which Virginia Giuffre accuses him of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager.The judge’s decision means Andrew could be forced to give evidence at a trial which could begin between September and December 2022 if no settlement were reached.

Read more:
Business Day »

SAFM Market Update on Moneyweb

The latest SAFM Market Update on Moneyweb Read more >>

Prince Andrew returns military affiliations to Queen Elizabeth | ChannelPrince Andrew has returned his military affiliations and royal patronages to Queen Elizabeth, Buckingham Palace said on Thursday. | Channel24

Prince Andrew must face sex abuse accuser's lawsuit — US judgeBritain's Prince Andrew failed to persuade a US judge to dismiss Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit accusing the Duke of York of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager. My 6 year old started school on an empty stomach yesterday. She came back and there was till no food💔😭. I'm struggling to find employment and in my struggle my family is suffering. Please assist us with mealie meal🙏🏻. We'll eat it with sugar water🙇‍♂️

US judge denies Prince Andrew plea to dismiss US sex case | ChannelA US judge on Wednesday denied Prince Andrew's plea to dismiss a sexual assault lawsuit brought against him, paving the way for the case to proceed, a court filing showed.

Prince Andrew must face sex abuse accuser's lawsuit — US judgeBritain's Prince Andrew failed to persuade a US judge to dismiss Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit accusing the Duke of York of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager. There is no greater joy than having financial stability and a life free of debts, that’s why I keep tweeting about williamchurch09 it has been a pleasure collaborating with you...there is no other way I can show my appreciation other than tweeting the good deed you have done. But a US diplomats wife is excused after killing a boy. Murder vs sex? Which is the bigger crime? Get him guys!!!

US judge denies Prince Andrew plea to dismiss US sex caseAndrew's lawyers had last week urged Kaplan to throw out the suit, citing a settlement that Giuffre signed in 2009 with late disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

US judge rules that Prince Andrew sex case can proceedA US judge has denied Prince Andrew's plea to dismiss a sexual assault lawsuit brought against the British royal, ruling that the case can move forward. Arrest him now

Move by the royal family means he will now lose all his royal connections 13 January 2022 - 21:06 Michael Holden Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York, looks on during the funeral of Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, in Windsor, Britain, April 17 2021.Prince Andrew Photo: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images Britain's Prince Andrew has returned his military affiliations and royal patronages to Queen Elizabeth, Buckingham Palace said on Thursday, a day after his lawyers failed to persuade a U.1 week ago Late-year trial possible Kaplan's decision keeps Giuffre's case against Andrew on track for a trial that Kaplan has said could begin between September and December 2022 if no settlement is reached.Prince Andrew has failed in his bid to get a civil case dismissed, which alleges he sexually assaulted Virginia Giuffre.

Picture: CHRIS JACKSON/REUTERS London  — Prince Andrew had his military links and royal patronages removed on Thursday and will no longer be known as “His Royal Highness”, Buckingham Palace said, as the son of Queen Elizabeth fights a US lawsuit in which he is accused of sex abuse. Andrew, the Duke of York, was forced to step down from public duties in 2019 because of his connections to convicted US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, and after a disastrous BBC TV interview which the prince had hoped would clear his name. judge to dismiss a civil lawsuit against him which accuses the royal of sexual abuse. Thursday’s move by the royal family means he will now lose all his royal connections. A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace declined to comment on Kaplan’s decision. “With the queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the queen,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement. "The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen. For only R75 per month , you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features.

” On Wednesday, Andrew’s lawyers failed to persuade a US judge to dismiss a civil lawsuit in which Virginia Giuffre accuses him of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager. She is seeking a new trial after one juror , that during jury deliberations he had discussed being a victim of sexual abuse. US district judge Lewis Kaplan said Giuffre could pursue claims that Andrew battered her and intentionally caused her emotional distress while Epstein — a financier who killed himself in jail in August 2019 while awaiting his sex trafficking trial — was trafficking her. The prince, the queen’s second son, has denied Giuffre’s accusations that he forced her to have sex more than two decades ago at a London home of former Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell, and abused her at two Epstein properties. The judge’s decision means Andrew could be forced to give evidence at a trial which could begin between September and December 2022 if no settlement were reached. “We do not know what, if anything, went through the parties' minds” when drafting the settlement,” Kaplan wrote. “Given the robustness with which judge Kaplan greeted our arguments, we are unsurprised by the ruling,” a source close to Andrew said.

“However, it was not a judgment on the merits of Ms Giuffre’s allegations. This is a marathon not a sprint and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims.” Settlement agreements can restrict plaintiffs like Giuffre from pursuing further litigation, even against third parties.” A representative for Giuffre did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Andrew’s links to Epstein had led to a swathe of damaging media reports, leading the prince to decide to do an TV interview in November 2019 which he hoped would resolve the matter. It instead led to ridicule and further questions, and as the controversy grew, Buckingham Palace had increasingly distanced itself from the prince, declining to comment and referring all questions to his lawyers. Kaplan called that window, which was extended by a year because of the Covid-19 pandemic, “a reasonable measure for remedying injustice to victims” of child sex abuse.

The US conviction in December of his friend Ghislaine Maxwell on sex trafficking and other charges of recruiting and grooming underage girls for Epstein to abuse, together with his own case, had left his reputation in the British media in tatters. A royal source said the decision over Andrew came after wide discussions among the Windsors, and that his military affiliations and patronages would be redistributed to other members of the family. Earlier, an open letter to the queen, signed by more than 150 veterans calling for Andrew to have his military titles taken away and “if necessary, that he be dishonourably discharged”, was published by the antimonarchy campaign group Republic. They called for Queen Elizabeth to take immediate action because her son had been “unco-operative and less than truthful” about his relationship with Epstein, and had brought the armed services he represented into disrepute. “Regardless of the result of Virginia Giuffre’s civil case against Prince Andrew, his position in Britain's armed forces is now untenable,” the veterans’ letter said.

The scandal surrounding Andrew comes on the heels of the damage caused after the queen’s grandson Prince Harry and his American wife Meghan quit royal duties to forge new careers in Los Angeles, later accusing the royal household of racism. They too were stripped of all their patronages and titles, and Harry also lost his military roles. Reuters .