Motsoeneng: Some SABC board members thought I would be a ‘yes man’
Testifying at the Zondo Inquiry, SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng said some were shocked to find that he could not be bulldozed.
JOHANNESBURG - Former South African Broadcasting (SABC) COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng said he believed some of the board members who appointed him thought he would be a matric-less "yes man". Testifying at the Zondo Inquiry on Wednesday, Motsoeneng said some were shocked to find that he could not be bulldozed. He said some political appointees who wanted to get favours for their comrades wanted him out while others tarnished his image. “If you read that transcript, it talks to the issue of people going to the SABC as board members because they are deployed by political parties and they want to pay their own comrades and also serve their own interests. It is wrong, chairperson. That is what I had been fighting within the SABC. These people have been tarnishing my name but I had been fighting for a good cause.” WATCH: I spoke out against political interference at the SABC – Motsoeneng He also said he disagreed with the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (Icasa)’s ruling that restricting protest visuals violated the Broadcasting Act. He maintains the decision was to comply with the act that said broadcaster should not glamourise violence. Motsoeneng told the commission that the decision to restrict visuals of the destruction of property was to comply with the act. But Icasa ruled that it was the opposite. “I think that is what you should not glamourise such visuals. According to my view, they were wrong, they did not follow their own act when it comes to that issue. In any case, it was not a policy, it was a decision,” Motsoeneng explained. Read more: Eyewitness News
Hlaudi Motsoeneng says he was ‘the main man’ at the SABC‘In the SABC no one was better than me … It's an insult to say I'm not educated,’ the axed SABC COO said
LIVE | #StateCaptureInquiry resumes with testimony from former SABC COO Hlaudi MotsoenengThe judicial commission of inquiry into state capture is continuing with testimony related to the SABC from former COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng .
Motsoeneng tells Zondo he was not involved in the suspension of the SABC 8The former COO says it would be wrong to suspend or dismiss people just because they have a different view.
Hlaudi Motsoeneng stands by decision not to screen violent protests on SABCFormer SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng has denied that the sacking of senior staff at the public broadcaster was because they openly defied his policies.
Motsoeneng: ‘There was nothing wrong with warning SABC journos to adapt’Former SABC chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng on Wednesday confirmed that he warned journalists that management would be “cleaning up the organisation” of people “doing their own stuff”.
Hlaudi Motsoeneng says he was ‘the main man’ at the SABC‘In the SABC no one was better than me … It's an insult to say I'm not educated,’ the axed SABC COO said Herman Mashaba to form private prosecution team to pursue corruption cases | IOL News Experts tentatively approve of Malema's idea for a ‘borderless continent’ | Cape Argus Boy Mamabolo refuses to apologise to Malema family Malema's wife files defamation suit against ANC's Mamabolo Woman shot and killed during ANC branch meeting | The Star BREAKING NEWS: Tazne van Wyk's body found in stormwater drain | Cape Times Boy Mamabolo in hot water with ANC for setting off GBV row in Parliament | IOL News