Krugersdorp Cult, Krugersdorp Killers, Electus Per Deus, Cecilia Steyn, Zack Valentine, Marcel Steyn

Krugersdorp Cult, Krugersdorp Killers

Krugersdorp cult trio set to be sentenced for multiple murders

Krugersdorp cult trio set o be sentenced for multiples murders

19.8.2019

Krugersdorp cult trio set o be sentenced for multiples murders

Cecilia Steyn , Zack Valentine and Marcel Steyn have been convicted on 32 counts including murder, fraud and intimidation.

JOHANNESBURG - The trio of murderers known as the "Krugersdorp Killers" are expected to be sentenced in the High Court in Johannesburg on Monday morning. The court found that the three, and at least 3 others, were behind the brutal murders of 11 people. The motives included trying to solicit money from insurance, revenge and trying to silence former members of their cult. Cecilia Steyn, Zack Valentine and Marcel Steyn were part of the Electus Per Deus group which means "chosen by god". The group killed 11 people between 2012 and 2016 and robbed others in and around Krugersdorp. During pre-sentencing proceedings last week, lawyers for the youngest of the accused, Marcel Steyn, who is 21, requested that she clarify certain points from her testimony, which she believed were not articulated sufficiently. Through her lawyer Advcate Sharon Johnson she told the court that she had been manipulated and indoctrinated by the other two. But the State argued that if these submissions were new they could not be considered by the judge at the pre-sentencing stage. They said that Marcel Steyn's submissions were an indication that she was a mature woman. Read more: Eyewitness News

WATCH LIVE: Krugersdorp Killers to be sentenced for murder spreeThe remaining members of the so-called Krugersdorp Killers are expected to learn their fate as sentencing proceedings begin in the Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg. Watch live.

'Krugersdorp Killers' to be sentencedThe three remaining ' Krugersdorp Killers ' will be sentenced in the South Gauteng High Court on Monday.

ConCourt dismisses Panayiotou’s bid to appeal convictionIn November 2017, after he was found guilty, Panayiotou was sentenced to life imprisonment for murder.

Two men sentenced to 25 years in jail for kidnapping, murderThe Durban High Court has convicted and sentenced three men for the kidnapping and murder of a 47-year-old man.

Two men sentenced to 25 years in jail for kidnapping, murderThe Durban High Court has convicted and sentenced three men for the kidnapping and murder of a 47-year-old man.

IFP councillor shot dead in EstcourtPolice are investigating charges of murder and attempted murder in connection with Friday's shooting.



DA tables new motion into fitness of Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane | IOL News

Soweto residents want free electricity

R5m ransom demanded after Joburg Grade 8 pupil kidnapped at school | IOL News

You are creating unemployment in KZN, Premier slams SAA business rescue practitioners | IOL News

Missing Queens High School pupil found at Maponya Mall

Bosasa scandal: Magistrate Desmond Nair provisionally suspended - Ronald Lamola

Soweto residents adamant they will not pay for electricity - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.

Write Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Please try again later.

Latest News

News

19 August 2019, Monday News

Previous news

Call for probe into WC govt’s acquisition of property in Killarney Gardens

Next news

Gauteng DA still seeking criminal prosecution in Life Esidimeni matter
Mshengu confident he will be vindicated over R100K car hire Phones belonging to Ayanda Dlodlo and other SSA officials found to be cloned Eskom announces increased probability of load shedding on Thursday Mboweni puts money back in taxpayers’ pockets Car theft at UCT rising, 10 stolen so far this year Kidnapped Queens High School learner found - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader. Accusers will fail to nail Dudu Myeni as delinquent director, court hears Iran says it won't quarantine any towns or cities, despite recording the most coronavirus deaths outside of China The business of unfinished busines - The Mail & Guardian What we can learn from apartheid Donovan, Jason Goliath to appear in film with Vin Diesel Education Department suspends use of pilchards at schools
DA tables new motion into fitness of Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane | IOL News Soweto residents want free electricity R5m ransom demanded after Joburg Grade 8 pupil kidnapped at school | IOL News You are creating unemployment in KZN, Premier slams SAA business rescue practitioners | IOL News Missing Queens High School pupil found at Maponya Mall Bosasa scandal: Magistrate Desmond Nair provisionally suspended - Ronald Lamola Soweto residents adamant they will not pay for electricity - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader. 'Students need the help': Duduzane Zuma's fees pledge welcomed | IOL News Bolt driver shot dead in Langa | Cape Times Mboweni will tell us to 'tighten our belts', but council blows R500 000 on bottled water | IOL News Gauteng pupil kidnapped, ransom demanded 'I'm saying goodbye': Maria Sharapova retires from tennis