Cloud9 eliminated in group stage of ESL One Cologne 2020 North America

  • 📰 TimesLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 59%

South Africa Headlines News

Unfortunately, during the group stage of ESL One Cologne 2020 North America, Cloud9 couldn't make it out of the group stage

, Cloud9 couldn't make it to the playoffs of ESL One Cologne 2020 North America. In the group stage, Cloud9 first went up against Team Liquid. While they managed to win the first map , they couldn't close out the match. Team Liquid came back on the next two maps, beating Cloud9 on Vertigo and Nuke to secure a 2-1 victory.

Cloud9 then had to play an elimination match against Triumph on their coach Tiaan Coertzen's birthday. Tiaan got a great birthday present, as Cloud9 scored a 2-1 victory and kept their tournament hopes alive, despite losing the first map of the match. In Cloud9's third and last group stage match, the squad faced off against Team Liquid again. Unfortunately, Cloud9 narrowly lost on their pick, Overpass, and Liquid stayed strong on Vertigo to win the match 2-0.

The Cloud9 CS:GO squad again finished in 5th/6th place, getting their $5,000 share of the $135,000 prize pool. At the current dollar to rand exchange rate, they won about R84,000.

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.
We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 28. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Famous Brands sells controlling stake in TashasGroup offloads 51% stake in restaurant group to Sideris family, who holds remaining 49%
Source: BDliveSA - 🏆 12. / 63 Read more »

NBA round-up: Clippers close out Mavericks, Nuggets take Jazz into Game 7Kawhi Leonard had 33 points, 14 rebounds and seven assists as the Los Angeles Clippers eliminated the Dallas Mavericks from the playoffs with a 111-97 victory in Game 6.
Source: IOL - 🏆 46. / 51 Read more »

Lady Gaga wins big at socially distanced MTV VMAs | ChannelLady Gaga cleaned up at MTV's Video Music Awards, an unorthodox show that paid socially distanced homage to New York City.
Source: Channel24 - 🏆 48. / 51 Read more »

James sombre after losing Black Panther and Black Mamba in 2020LeBron James described 2020 as the worst year of his life on Saturday, with the Los Angeles Lakers superstar losing two of his black heroes just seven months apart.
Source: eNCA - 🏆 49. / 51 Read more »

Serena sets sights - again - on 24th Grand Slam title | SportSerena Williams' protracted pursuit of Margaret Court's record of 24 Grand Slam titles resumes at a 2020 US Open that promises to be unlike any other. | Sport24news
Source: News24 - 🏆 4. / 80 Read more »

Lekota to introduce bill for independent candidates' participation in general electionsCope leader Mosiuoa Lekota said he intended to introduce the Electoral Laws Amendment Bill, which would allow independent candidates to contest the elections, in Parliament during the fourth quarter of 2020.
Source: IOL - 🏆 46. / 51 Read more »