Coronavirus Today: We're going to Disneyland!
The 'Happiest Place on Earth' is set to reopen Friday for the first time in more than a year. The employees who run the park couldn’t be more thrilled.
getting creative to convince Americansto roll up their sleeves since traditional media campaigns and public service announcements are starting to fall on deaf ears.In Detroit,officials are offering $50to people who give others a ride to vaccination sites. A $100 savings bond is available to young adults who get their shots in West Virginia. Some breweries are giving away a “shot and chaser,” while Krispy Kreme hands out a sweet, glazed treat to those with their vaccine cards.
Employers are helping out too, with some giving their workers additional paid time off to get vaccinated and rest after any possible side effects.In northeastern Washington state, demand for COVID-19 vaccines has dropped so dramatically that Matt Schanz, administrator of the Northeast Tri County Health District, worries that only a new outbreak will revive interest. That could happen soon: At the beginning of March,
about 700 new coronavirus cases a day. Now the count is almost 1,400.AdvertisementInMexico, a country of 126 million that is trying to speed up its vaccination effort, a study has shown that as much as one-third of the populationmay have been exposedto the coronavirus by the end of 2020. headtopics.com
Antibodies were found in 33.5% of tested blood samples that were taken between December and February. The samples came from Mexican blood banks and from medical laboratories that processed tests unrelated to COVID-19.Antibody levels varied from region to region and were highest in areas along the U.S. border.
The study suggested that about 86% of those infected had developed effective antibodies, but the other 14% hadn’t, leaving them open to possible reinfection. That’s a reason why even people who have recovered from a coronavirus infection should get vaccinated.
AdvertisementMexico has administered almost 17 million shots to more than 12 million people. The country is expecting to receive more doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine from U.S. plants, which are easier to import than shots from European plants.Mexico has vaccinated many of its senior citizens and plans to begin vaccinating people between the ages of 50 and 59 in May.
Your questions answeredToday’s question comes from readers who want to know:How are the COVID-19 vaccines tested in kids?The first COVID-19 vaccine rolled out in the U.S. was authorized for use in people 16 and up. But the U.S. Food and Drug Administration needs more clinical trial data before allowing any of the vaccines to go into the arms of infants, toddlers, children and younger teens, since they weren’t included in the initial tests. headtopics.com
Advertisement Read more: Los Angeles Times »
Chef transplants are bringing new flavor to suburbs and smaller cities and towns
A growing number of star chefs are moving from America's largest cities to suburbs and smaller cities and towns. Find out why and what they're discovering and creating in their new locations.
Coronavirus Today: Cracks in our vaccine armorIt’s extremely rare, but some fully vaccinated people have died from COVID-19. Scientists want to know why, and which variants are in play. please retweet. Mauritania is facing acute humanitarian needs, including high levels of food insecurity (over 25 per cent of the population in severe food insecurity in most of the provinces) and very high rates of acute malnutrition. UN
Coronavirus Today: Vaccine? Anyone?Officials are struggling to get people to roll up their sleeves as vaccination rates drop. One sign of dwindling demand: L.A.’s Dodger Stadium site will close. GlobalRevivalExpress 하나님께서는 항상 누구보다도 강력하십니다.
Coronavirus Today: The CDC's new 'in' crowdThe CDC is drawing another line in the sand between disparate groups, but this time there’s an easy way to make the jump: Get vaccinated. Cool people get the vaccine
Coronavirus Today: A different toll risesAlthough COVID-19 has loosened its grip, doctors in Southern California are contending with another deadly consequence of the pandemic: gun violence. It's boring to sit at home alone, looking for someone to spend time with If democrat politicians could get their constituents to practice proper gun safety like the camo laden boogie men of middle America then maybe... na, forget it as long as there’s a strong black market for drugs, young snatch and getting caught up in a 1-8-7 nothin will change.
Coronavirus Today: Do the robotAs businesses recover, some are opting for automation rather than hiring workers. It's an ongoing trend, but the pandemic has sped up the transition. Can we go somewhere today?