Indie Moloney died from a bowel condition but doctors felt she had a stomach bug, an inquest hears
Indie Moloney died from a bowel condition but doctors felt she had a stomach bug, an inquest hears.
Indie Moloney became unwell at home in Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, and was taken to a children's accident and emergency department on 21 July 2021.Mother Sally Checkley told the inquest at Nottingham Coroner's Office that Indie had woken up unwell on the morning of 21 July.
Image caption,The A&E doctor said they thought it was a stomach infection.There Ms Checkley said Dr Mohammed Afzal checked the nappy and diagnosed gastroenteritis.Image caption,She told the inquest Indie got much worse, saying: "She looked off colour, a bit more blue... that's when we said 'it's been 48 hours now we need to ring somebody'."
Baby among four dead as stand collapses at bullfight in ColombiaAn 18-month-old baby is among at least four people to have died after wooden stands collapsed during a bullfight in Colombia. No business being there in the first place. Bull fighting is a barbaric sport and I am surprised it's still happening in 2022.
Colombia: At least four dead, including 18-month-old baby, as stand collapses at bullfightAt least five people have been reported killed and 70 injured after a stand collapsed during a bullfight in Colombia This will encourage more bulls to attend next year. The bulls are ok tho right 🤔 This is terrible. There are at least three other stands that remain intact
Mum is raising funds for headstone for baby boy who died at just 15 months oldHeartbroken Gypsymarie Codona, 19, wants a headstone for her tragic lad in her hometown of Barrhead
Man jailed after pretending to be his brother following Northampton police stopGrace Mbala, 31, of Gurnards Avenue, Milton Keynes, kept up the lie for seven months Northampton Crown Court heard
Nottingham couple celebrate losing 27 stone in two yearsHelen and Kieron Buxton decided to tackle their weight after Kieron developed type 2 diabetes.
Two young boys, 22-year-old sister all drown in Georgia lake on the same dayA 22-year-old woman and her two younger brothers drowned on the same day during a boating trip on a lake in Georgia last week
Image caption, An inquest heard Indie died from a treatable bowel condition on 23 July 2021 A seven-month-old baby died after being misdiagnosed by doctors on two separate occasions, an inquest has heard.June 26, 2022 Besides the four dead, another four people were in intensive care and two others recovering from surgery.Monday 27 June 2022 05:08, UK Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player 0:26 Why you can trust Sky News At least four people have been reported killed and hundreds injured after a stand collapsed during a bullfight in Colombia.A devastated mum is hoping to raise enough money to buy a gravestone for her son who died at just 15 months old.
Indie Moloney became unwell at home in Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, and was taken to a children's accident and emergency department on 21 July 2021. The inquest heard a doctor diagnosed her with gastroenteritis and sent her home before she was seen later by an out-of-hours doctor who said the same. The event was part of celebrations of the popular San Pedro festival. Indie was again sent home and died two days later from a bowel condition. Footage has emerged of a wooden stand crowded with spectators collapsing at the stadium. Mother Sally Checkley told the inquest at Nottingham Coroner's Office that Indie had woken up unwell on the morning of 21 July. Picture: Getty President-elect Gustavo Petro urged local officials to ban such events, noting that it was not the first time an incident like this had taken place. She said she "picked her up and she was just so pale and had no colour in her lips. Sign up to our newsletters here.
She kept screaming and falling back to sleep". Earlier this month one person died after being gored by a bull during a corraleja in the town of Repelon. He told local media that several people were missing but have since been found. Image source, Image caption, Mother Sally Checkley said Indie was pale for two days Ms Checkley and her partner Kyle Moloney took their daughter to Nottingham Children's Hospital, based at Queen's Medical Centre, where she vomited later that morning. The A&E doctor said they thought it was a stomach infection. Picture: Getty Mr Orozco said he would move to ban the corralejas, saying they were dangerous and cruel to animals. Ms Checkley said the doctor told her "if it got any worse or if her stools changed in particular to go back to A&E or the GP". After spotting blood in their baby's nappy later, the couple called 111 for advice and their daughter was referred to the out-of-hours service NEMS, based at Nottingham railway station. President Ivan Duque said an investigation into the tragedy will take place. She said: “He got his full repair in December and the doctors said that should be him fine until adult life.
There Ms Checkley said Dr Mohammed Afzal checked the nappy and diagnosed gastroenteritis. He sent them home and advised the mother to collect a stool sample for analysis if there had been no improvement after 48 hours. We will call for an investigation," he said. Image source, Image caption, The inquest was told two doctors suspected Indie had a stomach infection Indie remained unwell and on the morning of 23 July Ms Checkley recalled: "She had a bit less colour in her lips. I just thought it was dehydration from the night." She told the inquest Indie got much worse, saying: "She looked off colour, a bit more blue. So they said it was just best to leave him to go on his own time.
.. that's when we said 'it's been 48 hours now we need to ring somebody'." They called 111 but paramedics could not save Indie. A post-mortem examination showed Indie had intussusception, a relatively common bowel condition in young children with death uncommon if diagnosed. A fundraiser has been set up buy Gypsymarie’s sister Megan, with the aim of raising money to help purchase a gravestone for Mason-Lee, who is buried in St Convals Cemetery in Barrhead.
However, pathologist Mudhar Al-Adnani, from London's St Thomas' Hospital, told the inquest: "All the symptoms are non-specific. Looking at probabilities one would usually think it was gastroenteritis. "There has to be a judgement by a health professional who is seeing the baby at the time." Dr Afzal was asked why he did not refer Indie to hospital, and told the inquest: "If I'd suspected intussusception I would have certainly referred Indie without any delay." The GP said he thought the most likely cause was gastroenteritis, which is 200-300 times more common. Some good friends have helped too.
The inquest continues. .