Hero boy, 8, saves mum, sister and pet rabbit from fire which gutted family home
Hero Jenson Brown, 8, alerted his mum Amy to the fire after he woke up early and went downstairs to watch television. The screen had exploded after the tumble dryer burst into flames at their home in Swindon, Wilts.
Amy Brown was alerted to the fire by son Jenson early on October 13, who had gone downstairs to watch television at around 6am.But he soon raced back upstairs to tell his mum the screen had exploded - the fire turned out to have been caused by the tumble dryer setting on fire.
The family were forced to flee the house in Swindon, Wilts., as the flames spread quickly, eventually gutting the house - costing them everything.A fundraiser has since been launched to help Amy and partner Richard Bird out, which has already topped £1,000.
Amy, 33, said: "It's an ongoing joke in our family that Jenson gets up at 5am."If he had stayed in bed that day things could have been very different. We're not going to get him to stay in bed again!"As I came downstairs I could see smoke starting to come under the kitchen door. He alerted me to the fact there was something wrong."
Amy then took the children outside and went back into the kitchen - where the smoke was so thick that she couldn't see the family rabbit, three year-old Naala.The local fire service was then called and, happily, managed to rescue the pet, who appeared none the worse for her ordeal.
But Amy added: "Everything we had is just completely destroyed. The insurance company has told us there's nothing that can be fixed. We've lost everything."[The fundraiser] is not something you expect. I was shocked by the fact she'd done it in the first place.
"It warms my heart to know there are people out there willing to help when help is needed."Dave Adamson, of Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service praised Jenson for raising the alarm.He added that it was important people remembered to close internal doors in order to prevent the spread of the flames.
He said: "A good night time routine is to close all your doors downstairs. What that will do is limit any fire damage to the room of origin."You can cause more smoke damage through the rest of the property if you don't have doors closed."
Covid: Boris Johnson to set out post-lockdown plan for England - BBC News
Boris Johnson is due to explain a return to the three-tier system after lockdown ends on 2 December.
Prince Harry says 'wow' as UK Black Lives Matter hero corrects him during candid interviewPRINCE HARRY has interviewed Patrick Hutchinson, the man who saved a counter-protester during one of the Black Lives Matter marches taking place in London during the summer. GET THIS WOKE CNT OF OUR MEDIA NO ONE IS ARED WOT JAMES HEWITTS SON IS UPTO No one should be afraid to correct either him or Megan Malarky every time they get things wrong How is that a news 🤔. Ridiculous you are daily express
Hero dad 'jumped out of fourth floor flat to save others during horror blaze'The dad, named Colin, saved lives during the emergency in Loanhead, Midlothian, which saw six people taken to hospital, but he 'lost everything' in the fire, friends said
Daughter shares how hero stopped thug from battering Dad in coronavirus seat rowThe 65-year-old man was attacked on the Luas in Dublin, after asking a fellow passenger to follow Covid-19 guidelines and take another empty seat rather than sit right next to him Look like a doll
Hero stranger steps in to pay 'ridiculous' Ryanair baggage fee for stressed mumFootage revealed the touching moment a young man footed the £50 oversized baggage fee for a distressed mother-of-three.
Map shows cafes offering free half-term kids meals in hero Rashford's campaignA HANDY map has been created showing all the places you can get free meals for kids over half-term. It comes after an army of cafes, pubs and restaurants joined Marcus Rashford’s campaign to … We're creating a nation of Billy Bunters. Scroungers What happens to all that benefit money they get?🤔
Dad who jumped from top floor window to save kids in fire 'partially blinded'Dad-of-five Colin Walker, 32, leapt from the window of the top floor flat in Midlothian after a devastating blaze broke out in the early hours of Sunday, destroying their home oh' what a shame