EastEnders star Sandy Ratcliff died alone from accidental OD after booze battle

  • 📰 TheSun
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 41 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 61%

United Kingdom Headlines News

United Kingdom Latest News,United Kingdom Headlines

EastEnders star Sandy Ratcliff died alone from an accidental overdose in sheltered housing after a drug and booze battle

TRAGIC EastEnders actress Sandy Ratcliff died from an accidental overdose while living alone in sheltered housing, an inquest heard today.Sandy Ratcliff, who played Sue Osman in EastEnders in the 1980s, passed away at the age of 70Sandyand was booted off the show after developing a heroin addiction.

Amina Begum said she last saw Sandy around 5.30pm on the day before she died when the actress asked her for some shopping. "She was in pain and and used drugs illicit and later prescribed during her life. Her intent was not to end her life."A cause of death was given as pneumonia and morphine toxicity, with a post mortem revealing she suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart disease and kidney disease.Sandy had been plagued by demons away from the soap and in September 1988, The Sun told how she had a boozy bust-up with her boyfriend on holiday in Tenerife.

She featured in a host of other films and TV shows and had a modelling career that at one pointed saw her hailed as “the face of the Seventies”. But it was EastEnders that made her a household name.

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.
We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 64. in UK

United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Sandy Ratcliff: EastEnders star's cause of death revealed after dying in sheltered housingSANDY RATCLIFF - who starred as Sue Osman in BBC soap EastEnders - died from an accidental overdose, a coroner has reportedly ruled today.
Source: Daily Express - 🏆 26. / 68 Read more »

EastEnders star Sandy Ratcliff died from accidental overdose after drug battleTRAGIC EastEnders actress Sandy Ratcliff died from an accidental overdose while living alone in sheltered housing, an inquest heard today. The 70-year-old star, who played Sue Osman on the BBC soap… How sad. RIP 🌹 The sadness of this death is that Sandy is another casualty of a system that fetes our stars until the producers decide you are surplus to requirements.Ironic that the biopic of the career of Judy Garland is currently being heavily hyped.
Source: TheSun - 🏆 64. / 61 Read more »

EastEnders star Sandy Ratcliff died from accidental overdose after drug battleTRAGIC EastEnders actress Sandy Ratcliff died from an accidental overdose while living alone in sheltered housing, an inquest heard today. The 70-year-old star, who played Sue Osman on the BBC soap… How sad. RIP 🌹 The sadness of this death is that Sandy is another casualty of a system that fetes our stars until the producers decide you are surplus to requirements.Ironic that the biopic of the career of Judy Garland is currently being heavily hyped.
Source: TheSun - 🏆 64. / 61 Read more »

Sandy Ratcliff: EastEnders star's cause of death revealed after dying in sheltered housingSANDY RATCLIFF - who starred as Sue Osman in BBC soap EastEnders - died from an accidental overdose, a coroner has reportedly ruled today.
Source: Daily Express - 🏆 26. / 68 Read more »

Lung condition and morphine killed ex-EastEnderSandy Ratcliff, one of the BBC soap's original cast members, was in the show from 1985 to 1989. Sad Truly sad - a troubled soul 😥 So sad to hear - drugs are the scourge of society you only have to walk down your street as teens walk past 🚬 weed with that pungent odour of cats piss not knowing the long term effect of causing a chemical imbalance within their brains 🧠 will ruin their lives forever !
Source: BBCNews - 🏆 3. / 97 Read more »

Inside Phil Collins' health battle, the booze crisis that saw him 'drinking vodka from the fridge in the morning' and the love that saved himROCK legend Phil Collins sparked health fears this week after he was spotted being pushed in a wheelchair, then fell backwards onstage during his Not Dead Yet tour. It comes after a tumultuous deca… His wife’s face tho 👀
Source: TheSun - 🏆 64. / 61 Read more »