Carlsberg fined £3m over 2016 fatal ammonia leak in Northampton

6/28/2022 7:42:00 PM

Carlsberg fined £3m over death of man from Bridgnorth

Carlsberg fined £3m over death of man from Bridgnorth

David Chandler died after gas leaked from the refrigeration system at the brewery in Northampton.

Carlsberg has been fined £3m after a worker was killed during an ammonia leak at its UK brewery.at Carlsberg in Northampton on 9 November 2016.Carlsberg Supply Company UK Ltd, now called CMBC Supply Ltd, admitted health and safety breaches at magistrates in 2020 and has now been fined and ordered to pay £90,000 costs at Birmingham Crown Court.

, who were aged one and five at the time.While the compressor was being removed, there was a large, uncontrolled release of ammonia.HSE said several people, including emergency service workers, needed medical attention"He was a larger-than-life character whose loss has left a massive void nothing can replace."

Read more:
BBC Shropshire »

Two boys, both 16, stabbed to death around a mile apart in southeast London

Given the proximity in time and distance of the incidents, detectives are trying to establish any link between the two deaths. Read more >>

Carlsberg fined £3m over 2016 fatal ammonia leak in NorthamptonDavid Chandler died after gas leaked from the refrigeration system at the brewery in Northampton.

Inside Molly-Mae Hague's incredible bathroom transformation in £3m homeFormer Lover Island star Molly-Mae Hague and her boxer beau Tommy Fury have been giving fans a glimpse into their £3m Cheshire home as they continue renovations

Twitch streamer Ibai smashes concurrent viewership record with 3.3m peakSpanish Twitch streamer Ibai Llanos Garatea has set a new record for concurrent viewership, with a peak of 3.3m viewers… Never heard of him, lol IbaiLlanos

Carlsberg fined £3m over 2016 fatal ammonia leak in NorthamptonDavid Chandler died after gas leaked from the refrigeration system at the brewery in Northampton.

Carlsberg brewery firm fined £3 million over Bridgnorth worker's deathThe company operating a Carlsberg brewery has been fined £3 million over an ammonia leak which killed a worker from Bridgnorth and badly hurt another.

Northampton dad speaks out after 'devastated' daughter left 'fuming' following A-Level exam leakAQA is Britain’s biggest exam board, and it is said the alleged leak could be the biggest in the exam board’s history.

Northamptonshire Police Image caption, David Chandler had been preparing to push the compressor unit when ammonia gas exploded out of a pipe and into his face Carlsberg has been fined £3m after a worker was killed during an ammonia leak at its UK brewery.Northamptonshire Police Image caption, David Chandler had been preparing to push the compressor unit when ammonia gas exploded out of a pipe and into his face Carlsberg has been fined £3m after a worker was killed during an ammonia leak at its UK brewery.Molly-Mae Hague has given followers an insight into the bathroom renovations of her luxurious £3million Cheshire mansion she shares with long time boyfriend Tommy Fury.To see this content please enable targeting cookies.

David Chandler, 45, from Bridgnorth, Shropshire, died after gas leaked from the refrigeration system at Carlsberg in Northampton on 9 November 2016. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said it found Carlsberg had failed to put proper controls in place. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said it found Carlsberg had failed to put proper controls in place. Mr Chandler's family, in a statement, said he died "in such tragic but preventable circumstances". The home’s downstairs bathroom screams luxury and features a marble sink area and stunning green glass sink. Carlsberg Supply Company UK Ltd, now called CMBC Supply Ltd, admitted health and safety breaches at magistrates in 2020 and has now been fined and ordered to pay £90,000 costs at Birmingham Crown Court. Carlsberg Supply Company UK Ltd, now called CMBC Supply Ltd, admitted health and safety breaches at magistrates in 2020 and has now been fined and ordered to pay £90,000 costs at Birmingham Crown Court. David Beak, a colleague of Mr Chandler from Failsworth in Oldham, was seriously injured and 20 other people, including emergency service workers, needed medical attention.99 per month.

Mr Chandler died after inhaling ammonia. Mr Chandler died after inhaling ammonia.” She ended by saying: “Apologies for going MIA! I’ll have so much more to show you guys once our furniture starts arriving. , who were aged one and five at the time. 'Larger-than-life character' HSE said Carlsberg had failed to put in place appropriate isolation controls to prevent exposure to ammonia before work started to remove a compressor from a refrigeration system. 'Larger-than-life character' HSE said Carlsberg had failed to put in place appropriate isolation controls to prevent exposure to ammonia before work started to remove a compressor from a refrigeration system. While the compressor was being removed, there was a large, uncontrolled release of ammonia. Located in an affluent neighbourhood in Chester, where footballers such as Marcus Rashford and Jordan Pickford live, the mansion boasts a sprawling garden and is filled with stylish decor. It was several days before the leak was contained and gas levels dropped to a safe level, the HSE said. It was several days before the leak was contained and gas levels dropped to a safe level, the HSE said.

Image caption, HSE said several people, including emergency service workers, needed medical attention Mr Chandler's family said the legal process "has been emotionally exhausting as well as frustrating given the length of time which has lapsed since the accident". The statement said: "We are devastated that his young family will not be able to share their lives with him as they grow. The statement said: "We are devastated that his young family will not be able to share their lives with him as they grow. The star took to her Instagram Stories to address the rumours directly, as she wrote over a pouting selfie: "Omg guys Tommys just training down in London. "He was a larger-than-life character whose loss has left a massive void nothing can replace." Samantha Wells, HSE principal inspector, said the case "underlines the dangers of not following industry guidance when working with toxic and flammable substances"." Samantha Wells, HSE principal inspector, said the case "underlines the dangers of not following industry guidance when working with toxic and flammable substances". Paul Davies, chief executive of CMBC Supply Ltd, said: "We strive to attain and maintain the highest standards of health and safety management for our employees. Having now purchased their first home, many fans have been speculating as to whether Tommy is set to pop the question to Molly, as a source recently revealed that they'd been spotted ring shopping while holidaying in Dubai.

"Through our guilty plea to the charges and much earlier acceptance of responsibility, we recognise that on this occasion we did not meet these high standards. "Through our guilty plea to the charges and much earlier acceptance of responsibility, we recognise that on this occasion we did not meet these high standards. "All remedial measures have since been taken and lessons learnt. As a company we will continue to put health and safety at the forefront of how we operate. As a company we will continue to put health and safety at the forefront of how we operate." Crowley Carbon UK Ltd, a contractor on a project to remove a compressor, was also charged but the company was placed into compulsory administration before court proceedings began. Find BBC News: East of England on . Find BBC News: East of England on.