The rescue team managed to retrieve the two bodies after nearly 10 hours of operation.
IPOH, Dec 3 — Police have confirmed the deaths of two men buried under the landslide at the Kilometre 35 along Jalan Simpang Pulai- Cameron Highlands . The victims were identified as Muhammad Hafiz ...
2 December 2021, 11:02 pm·2-min readSearch and rescue personnel recover the body of an MPV driver who was buried under the landslide in Cameron Highlands, December 2, 2021. — Bernama picIPOH, Dec 3 — Police have confirmed the deaths of two men buried under the landslide at the Kilometre 35 along Jalan Simpang Pulai-Cameron Highlands.
The victims were identified as Muhammad Hafiz Hamdi, 31, from Tanjung Piandang in Kerian, who was driving a lorry carrying vegetable, and Tan Chee Heng, 36, from Klang, Selangor, who was driving a MPV.Perak police chief Datuk Mior Faridalathrash Wahid said the rescue team managed to retrieve the two bodies after nearly 10 hours of operation.
“The first body was of Tan, who was in a Toyota Alphard. He was pulled out at about 9.30pm.“The second was Muhammad Hafiz, whose body was retrieved from the lorry at 10.50pm,” he told a press conference.He said both men have been taken to the Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun for post mortem examination. headtopics.com
Mior also said that the authorities will continue the rescue operation to determine if there were any other victims trapped in the landslide.He said the decision was taken after discussing with firemen, Public Works Department, Civil Defence Force and the district officer.
He added that the police are also using the trackers dogs from K9 Unit in the search and rescue operation.It was believed that the landslide occurred at around 1.30pm due to erosion caused by continues rain.The debris from the landslide covered about a 100-metre stretch blocking the road from both the sides.
The police had initially advised road users to use the road from Tapah to head to Cameron Highlands as the Simpang Pulai road is temporarily closed.Read more: Yahoo Singapore »
Greenridge Crescent boys’ deaths: 48-year-old father taken back to scene where bodies were found
SINGAPORE — Police officers on Thursday (Jan 27) took Xavier Yap Jung Houn to the scene where the bodies of his two sons were found. The 11-year-old brothers were found dead near a playground in Upper Bukit Timah last Friday. Read more >>
Guys, proper condom etiquette is sexy and here’s whyIf there’s one thing I’ve noticed from the guys I casually saw in the past, it’s that they’ve all possessed some level of condom etiquette.
Carey confirmed as Australia wicketkeeper for first two Ashes testsMELBOURNE : Alex Carey will be Australia's wicketkeeper for the first two Ashes tests, replacing former captain Tim Paine who has taken a mental health break after a 'sexting' scandal.The 30-year-old will make his test debut at the Ashes opener in Brisbane, having represented Australia in 45 one-day inte
Two imported cases in Singapore test 'preliminarily positive' for Omicron COVID-19 variant: MOHSINGAPORE: Two passengers who arrived in Singapore from South Africa on a Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight have tested \u0022preliminarily positive\u0022 for the Omicron COVID-19 variant, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Thursday (Dec 2). \u0022Both cases were isolated upon arrival in Singapore on Dec 1, and had
Geneva places 2,000 people in quarantine after two Omicron COVID-19 variant casesZURICH: The Swiss cantons of Geneva and Vaud have placed 2,000 people, most of them children, into quarantine after two cases of the Omicron variant were detected at an international school. Geneva, a hub for international diplomats and home to the World Health Organization (WHO) which last week classified 馬來西亞確診的奧密克戎病毒個案的學生，在新加坡機場過境，可是我們機場人員都被隔離了，暫時未檢測出奧密克戎病毒呢？因為南非學生是接種了的！所以我質疑荷蘭社區正在傳播的奧密克戎病毒不可能是接種疫苗了的人傳播的。 或許荷蘭可以讓我們知道他們的病人接種了什麼疫苗呢？ Message: omicron is no joke! Let's be serious!
MOH: People with 2 Sinovac, Sinopharm jabs, need 3rd to be considered 'fully vaccinated' - The Independent Singapore NewsMOH also urges those who have already received two doses of the Sinovac/Sinopharm vaccines to have an authorised mRNA vaccine for their third dose, unless they are medically ineligible. Question? Were you really given sufficient and accurate information on the COVID-19 prophylactic therapeutic drugs (not vaccines) by the health authorities? InformedConsent