Trabzonspor get six-match spectator ban, two Fenerbahce players suspended over brawl

  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 66%

Singapore Headlines News

Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines

ANKARA : Trabzonspor will play their next six home matches without spectators while two Fenerbahce players have been handed one-match bans over a post-game brawl last month, the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) ruled on Wednesday.

Soccer Football - Fenerbahce's Extraordinary General Assembly - Sukru Saracoglu Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey - April 2, 2024 General view of Fenerbahce chairman Ali Koc and club staff inside the stadium during the general assembly REUTERS/Umit BektasANKARA : Trabzonspor will play their next six home matches without spectators while two Fenerbahce players have been handed one-match bans over a post-game brawl last month, the Turkish Football Federation ruled on Wednesday.

Fenerbahce said they were considering withdrawing from the top-tier Super Lig over the incident but decided not to go through with the threat at an extraordinary club congress on Tuesday. However, the PFDK also decided that Fenerbahce's Irfan Can Egribayat and Jayden Quinn Oosterwolde would each be banned for one match and given minor fines over their involvement in the on-field brawl.

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.
We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Fenerbahce to stay in Turkish Super Lig for now, chairman saysANKARA : Fenerbahce decided not to go through with their threat of withdrawing from the Turkish Super Lig on Tuesday, the club's chairman told thousands of congress members gathered in their stadium in Istanbul."In all our meetings, the least preferred option was to withdraw from the league.
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »

Erdogan's rival leads in Istanbul in high-stakes Turkey voteISTANBUL: Istanbul Mayor Ekrem Imamoglu led a challenger from President Tayyip Erdogan's AK Party in local elections on Sunday (Mar 31), an initial count showed, in a potential boost for the Turkish opposition's effort to reassert itself as a political force.
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »

Player from S’pore e-sports team apologises for middle finger gesture after tournament matchDuring a press conference held after the match, the player from Paper Rex apologised.
Source: The Straits Times - 🏆 8. / 63 Read more »

Meta, Microsoft, X and Match join Epic Games' battle against AppleMeta Platforms, Microsoft, Elon Musk's X and Match Group on Wednesday (March 20) joined 'Fortnite' video game maker Epic Games' protest that Apple has failed to honour a court-ordered injunction governing payments in its lucrative App Store.
Source: asiaonecom - 🏆 10. / 59 Read more »

Asian Cup brawl brought South Korean team closer, says captain SonSEOUL: Son Heung-min said on Wednesday (Mar 20) that the Asian Cup bust-up with Lee Kang-in had brought the South Korean team closer, on the eve of a World Cup qualifier against Thailand. Tottenham and
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »

Chinese Table Tennis Star Took 3hrs Off From Training To Watch Taylor Swift’s Concert In Singapore, Netizens Say It’s Why He Lost His Match"I am but a normal young adult with my own hobbies and relationships," says 27-year-old former World No. 1 Fan Zhendong in a social media post after receiving backlash for being a Swiftie.
Source: TODAYonline - 🏆 1. / 99 Read more »