Twitter, Court Hearing, Barack Obama

Twitter, Court Hearing

Porn video interrupts US court hearing for accused Twitter hacker

The court hearing held via Zoom for a US teenager accused of masterminding a stunning hack of Twitter was interrupted with rap music and porn.

6/8/2020 11:00:00 AM

The court hearing held via Zoom for a US teenager accused of masterminding a stunning hack of Twitter was interrupted with rap music and porn.

A court hearing held via Zoom for a US teenager accused of masterminding a stunning hack of Twitter was interrupted Wednesday with rap music and porn, a newspaper reported. Investigators view the youth -- AFP has chosen not to release his name because he is a minor -- as the brains behind the mid-July

The purpose of the hearing was to discuss reducing bail terms set for the 17 year old Tampa resident arrested last Friday over the hack last month of the accounts of major US celebrities.But the interruptions with music, shrieking and pornography became so frequent that Judge Christopher Nash ended up suspending it for a while, the Tampa Bay Times said.

Police investigating woman who allegedly disregarded repeated advice to wear mask at MBS COVID-19: 271 imported cases from S Asia over past 28 days, B1617 variant a global problem – MOH Woman being investigated for not wearing a face mask at Marina Bay Sands

Investigators view the youth -- AFP has chosen not to release his name because he is a minor -- as the brains behind the mid-July cyberattack that rocked Twitter.Hackers accessed dozens of Twitter accounts of people such as Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Elon Musk, after gaining access to the system with an attack that tricked a handful of employees into giving up their credentials.

The hack affected at least 130 accounts, with tweets posted by the usurpers duping people into sending $100,000 in Bitcoin, supposedly in exchange for double the amount sent.Bail for the 17 year old was set for $725,000 and in the hearing his lawyers were seeking to reduce it. headtopics.com

After the judge suspended the hearing, and eventually resumed it, hackers went at it again -- with interruptions that disguised their user names as organizations such as CNN and BBC.In the end, judge Nash ruled against reducing the youth's bail. Read more: Yahoo Singapore »

1.8 million people have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine: Health minister

A total of 1.2 million people have completed the full vaccination regimen, says Mr Gan Kim Yong.

Suspected US teen mastermind pleads not guilty to Twitter hackThe suspected teenage mastermind of a huge Twitter hack pled not guilty Tuesday to allegations he hijacked celebrity accounts to swindle people ...

US wants to see 'untrusted' Chinese apps removed from US app stores, says Mike PompeoWASHINGTON (REUTERS) - The United States wants to see 'untrusted' Chinese apps removed from US app stores, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday (Aug 5), calling the Chinese-owned short-video app TikTok and messenger app WeChat 'significant threats'.. Read more at straitstimes.com.

Exclusive: Republican senators back extending US$25 billion payroll aid for US airlines; shares jumpA group of 16 Senate Republicans on Wednesday backed extending a US$25 billion payroll assistance program for U.S. airlines who have warned they ...

Gold vaults above US$2,000 mark for first time in history on US stimulus betsNEW YORK (REUTERS) - Gold prices soared past the key US$2,000 mark for the first time in history on Tuesday (Aug 4), as the ultra-low interest rate environment and hopes for more US stimulus to safeguard the coronavirus-hit economy enhanced the safe-haven metal's appeal.. Read more at straitstimes.com.

Kodak's US$765 million US loan prompts probe by House DemocratsWASHINGTON (BLOOMBERG) - House Democrats have launched an investigation into Eastman Kodak's US$765 million (S$1 billion) government loan and are seeking documents from a US agency involved in granting the proposed funding.. Read more at straitstimes.com.

Mike Pompeo offers US$10 million reward over US election interferenceWASHINGTON (AFP) - Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday (Aug 5) the United States would offer a US$10 million (S$13 million) reward to arrest any state actor who interferes in the November elections.. Read more at straitstimes.com.