Man on trial for sexually abusing ex-girlfriend's children more than a decade ago

Man on trial for sexually abusing ex-girlfriend's children more than a decade ago

Sıngapore Courts, Sex Offences

13/1/2022 10:42:00 AM

Man on trial for sexually abusing ex-girlfriend's children more than a decade ago

After a spat with her daughter, a woman complained to her son about his 'rebellious' younger sister, only to be told - for the first time - that the siblings had been sexually assaulted by her former boyfriend when they were children more than a decade ago. The son...

He is contesting one charge of attempted rape and four charges of molestation allegedly committed against his former girlfriend's daughter from 2000 to 2005, when she was between seven and 13 years old.The man is also contesting two charges of unnatural sex - an offence that was repealed in 2007 - and one charge of molestation allegedly committed against the boy from 2001 to 2003, when he was between 11 and 13 years old.

However, he admits to three other charges: one for asking the girl to perform acts depicted in pornographic images they viewed together and two for performing a sexual act on the boy on two occasions.These three charges, together with a charge for failing to report his change of address, have been stood down for now.

Read more: The New Paper »

Man City's revenue exceeds Man United's for first timeLONDON (AFP) - Manchester City's revenue exceeded arch rivals Manchester United for the first time last year, the Premier League champions revealed in their latest financial accounts on Wednesday (Jan 12). City reported club record revenue of £569.8 million (S$1.05...

Singaporean man accused of murdering wife in Newcastle pleads not guiltySINGAPORE - A Singaporean man charged with the murder of his wife in Newcastle, England, pleaded not guilty in a British court on Tuesday (Jan 11). Fong Soong Hert, 50, has been remanded since his arrest on Dec 6, after his wife, Madam Pek Ying Ling, 51, was found dead in a luxury apartment in Newcastle city centre that morning....

US: Man shot dead by off-duty police officer

Commentary: Djokovic is a free man - for nowThe court ruled in his favour but whether the unvaccinated tennis star can take to the court to defend his Australian Open title is still unclear, says a law professor.

Mandatory treatment order for man who trespassed into condo unit twice in one nightSINGAPORE — A man and his wife were sound asleep in the wee hours of Oct 30 in 2019 when they were awoken by a noise coming from one of the bathrooms in their ground-floor condominium apartment. Not an expert but after reading a bit about persistent depressive disorder, was wondering what it has to do with this offence he had committed.

Man charged with not wearing mask at train stations after arrest warrant issued for himSINGAPORE: A man was charged in court on Wednesday (Jan 12), a day after a warrant of arrest was issued for him. British national Mockridge Philip Richard was set to be charged in court in December for failing to wear a mask at various locations, but he did not turn up then to receive his charges. Another “sovereign” PR challenging the country’s Law. How stupid can one get?

6 months' jail for father-son duo who assaulted cyclist, causing loss of teeth, facial fractures He is contesting one charge of attempted rape and four charges of molestation allegedly committed against his former girlfriend's daughter from 2000 to 2005, when she was between seven and 13 years old. The man is also contesting two charges of unnatural sex - an offence that was repealed in 2007 - and one charge of molestation allegedly committed against the boy from 2001 to 2003, when he was between 11 and 13 years old. However, he admits to three other charges: one for asking the girl to perform acts depicted in pornographic images they viewed together and two for performing a sexual act on the boy on two occasions. These three charges, together with a charge for failing to report his change of address, have been stood down for now. The accused, who was between 26 and 32 years old at the time of the alleged offences, cannot be named due to a gag order to protect the identity of the siblings. Deputy Public Prosecutor Gail Wong told the court that the siblings' mother introduced the man to them some time in 1999, about six months after they started dating. He later moved in with them and the siblings called him"Papa". The siblings' mother held various jobs and was often at work, and the man helped her to care for her children. The mother broke up with him in 2006 over unrelated matters and chased him out of their home. More On This Topic 12 years' preventive detention for man, 64, who sought sexual favours from two children The DPP said the sister will testify that in one of the earlier incidents, she awoke to find the man rubbing himself against her. She will also testify that one afternoon after school, she fell asleep at home and woke up to find that she was naked and the man was trying to rape her, said the DPP. The DPP said the brother will testify that the man started physically and sexually abusing him when he was in Primary 4. Neither sibling disclosed the assaults to anyone. It was only on Dec 12, 2016, following a dispute between mother and daughter, that the son sent text messages to their mother disclosing the abuse, said the DPP. The mother then arranged for them to meet to lodge a police report. The police were unable to trace the man as he was not staying at his stated residential address. He was eventually arrested on May 19, 2019, at Tuas Checkpoint. The man was later diagnosed with paedophilic disorder by a psychiatrist at the Institute of Mental Health. The trial continues.