Leclerc missed US flight after document doubt

Leclerc missed US flight after document doubt

22/10/2021 12:02:00 AM

Leclerc missed US flight after document doubt

Ferrari Formula One driver Charles Leclerc missed his US Grand Prix flight this week after an official at the airport closest to his Monaco home questioned his travel authorisation, he said on Thursday. The 24-year-old told reporters at the circuit in Austin, Texas, that he had made an unscheduled det

Ferrari Formula One driver Charles Leclerc missed his US Grand Prix flight this week after an official at the airport closest to his Monaco home questioned his travel authorisation, he said on Thursday.The 24-year-old told reporters at the circuit in Austin, Texas, that he had made an unscheduled detour via New York after missing his original flight from Nice in the south of France due to the mix-up.

New Zealand plans lifetime ban on cigarette sales to stamp out smoking This Clip From Lion Mums 4 Is Going Viral For Showing How Mean People Can Be To Migrant Workers Report: Chinese hackers targeted Southeast Asian nations

"My NIE (National Interest Exception) hadn't been accepted at the airport, so I couldn't take the original flight, so we changed the flight and went to New York last minute," Leclerc explained."It was just one guy at the airport of Nice that for some reason didn't really know what was an NIE, and I got stuck there.

"He only realised one minute before closing the flight that the NIE was OK, but I didn't have my passenger locator form, so I had to stay in Nice."Leclerc said he flew instead to New York, a city he had never before visited, and spent a day there before going on to Milwaukee for the first NBA match of the season. headtopics.com

Foreign citizens are unable to travel to the United States due to the COVID-19 pandemic, unless they fall into one of a number of exempt categories that includes athletes. Read more: CNA »

Raeesah Khan testifies to privileges committee that WP leaders told her to keep to lie made in Parliament

SINGAPORE — Former Workers’ Party (WP) Member of Parliament Raeesah Khan has given evidence to the Committee of Privileges that she had been told by WP leaders to stick to the lie she had made in Parliament on Aug 3.

China raises US$4 billion in US dollar bond dealHONG KONG : China has raised US$4 billion through a U.S. dollar sovereign bond issue, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.The pricing for the deal was set at Treasuries plus 6 basis points for the three-year tranche, 12 basis points for five years, 23 basis points for 10 years and 53 basis points fo

China raises US$4 billion in US dollar bond dealHONG KONG: China has raised US$4 billion through a US dollar sovereign bond issue, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters. The pricing for the deal was set at Treasuries plus 6 basis points for the three-year tranche, 12 basis points for five years, 23 basis points for 10 years and 53 basis points for t

Why today's economy can handle oil at US$100 a barrel or higherLONDON : For all the angst caused by this year's 65per cent oil price leap, concerns about a return to 1970s-style stagflation are overblown and the developed world, at least, can probably handle even costlier crude without too much stress.Alternative energy sources, a rise in less energy-intense service

Tesla looks to pave the way for Chinese battery makers to come to USTesla Inc wants to shift to a less expensive battery for its electric vehicles but first needs to figure out how to overcome political tensions to get a Chinese partner to build the iron-based batteries near its U.S. factories.The world's two biggest economies have yet to resolve disputes over tariffs, in

US bars Malaysian glove maker Supermax over alleged labour abusesKUALA LUMPUR — The United States (US) has barred imports from Malaysian glove maker Supermax Corp over alleged forced labour practices at the company, the fourth Malaysian firm to face such a ban in the past 15 months.

Beijing demands end to ‘risky’ US operations in South China Sea after sub accidentChina’s defence ministry has demanded an end to US military operations in the South China Sea, saying they pose a threat to regional security and increase the risks of collisions and even nuclear leaks in the strategic waterway. Ministry spokesman Tan Kefei also repeated China’s demand for an explanation of what happened to a US nuclear attack submarine which collided with a mystery object in the disputed waters earlier this month, describing Washington’s statement – issued six days after the in