The bodies appeared to be bloated and partially burnt, and officials said they may have ended up in the river as part of the practice of cremating victims of coronavirus along the river Ganges.
It is not clear where the bodies came from but local media suggest they may be Covid-19 victims.
AdInvestieren von nur € 250 in diese Unternehmen könnte Ihnen ein zweites Einkommen einbringen.BloombergPhilippine President Rodrigo Duterte said he will not compromise the nation’s South China Sea claims over coronavirus vaccines from China.10 hours ago
China deletes 2 million online posts for ‘historical nihilism’ as Communist Party centenary nearsChina’s internet regulator has said it has overseen the deletion of more than 2 million posts containing “harmful” discussion of history, amid preparations to mark the Communist Party’s centenary in July. “For a while, some people have disseminated harmful information with historical nihilism on the internet, under the guise of reflection and declassification,” said Wen Youhua, a division director at the Cybersecurity Administration of China (CAC), during a press conference in Beijing on Saturday. “Historical nihilism” is a term coined by the Chinese government that refers to discussion or research that challenges its official version of history.Do you have questions about the biggest topics and trends from around the world? Get the answers with SCMP Knowledge, our new platform of curated content with explainers, FAQs, analyses and infographics brought to you by our award-winning team. President Xi Jinping reiterated in February that the party opposed historical nihilism as he ordered a campaign to study party history before the July 1 centenary. Wen said the deleted posts had “polluted” the online environment and his office had launched a specific campaign for the centenary. “Since the beginning of the campaign, we have lawfully dealt with a large number of [social media] accounts that disseminated historical nihilism,” he said. “[We] have urged various websites to delete more than 2 million posts that violated laws or regulations.” New textbook stirs debate by saying Cultural Revolution led to ‘disaster’ The CAC’s website invites people to report posts that “distort” the history of the party, or China since the party’s rule began in 1949. Other criteria given include “attacks on the party leadership”, “slandering heroes” and vilification of traditional Chinese culture. Marking the centenary has been identified as the party’s most important political task this year and Xi has promised a “grand celebration”. Officials across the country have been told to ensure “social stability”. The party has stepped up efforts to educate members and the public about its history, with several films and television dramas on the subject being broadcast. The campaign will cover party history since its 1921 origins, but focus heavily on “historic successes” achieved since 2012, Xi said in February. Xi became the party’s leader that year. In various speeches since then, Xi has linked discussion of history to the party’s legitimacy. In a 2013 address, he accused unnamed “hostile forces” of undermining the party’s rule by challenging its official account of the past. He has also acknowledged the party has made mistakes in the past, including the Cultural Revolution, a decade of political upheaval ordered in 1966 by Mao Zedong that lasted until his death. But Xi has described uncontrolled public discussion of such events as a threat to the party’s rule, and said it was partly responsible for the collapse of the former Soviet Union.More from South China Morning Post:Xi Jinping says China is ‘invincible’, regardless of challenges ahead‘Red tourism’ in China ahead of Communist Party centenary appears rampant … but with borders shut, where else is there to go?Will China’s jeers cost it the international moral high ground?Still taboo in mainland China: the Cultural Revolution as seen through the lens of Li ZhenshengThis article China deletes 2 million online posts for ‘historical nihilism’ as Communist Party centenary nears first appeared on South China Morning PostFor the latest news from the South China Morning Post download our mobile app. Copyright 2021.
22 hours agoYahoo Finance SingaporeTo many, mixing friends and family with business is a deal breaker. Sarah*, 19, a student, decided to take a chance and venture into a business with her friend turned business partner using money she borrowed from her parents. headtopics.comRead more: Yahoo Singapore »
Explainer: How to use Covid-19 self-test kits, how they work and what they cost
Bodies float down Ganges as nearly 4,000 more die of COVID-19 in IndiaLUCKNOW: Scores of bodies are washing up on the banks of the Ganges as Indians fail to keep pace with the deaths and cremations of around 4,000 ... very depressing , channel like cna always pick up negative news and pictures about india. making mokery of enormous problem .
Exclusive: Foxconn iPhone India output drops 50per cent amid COVID surge - sourcesProduction of the Apple iPhone 12 at a Foxconn factory in India has slumped by more than 50per cent because workers infected with COVID-19 have ...
‘Disowned’: family says pleas for help ignored as Australian man dies of Covid-19 in IndiaDaughter of 59-year-old criticises consular officials’ response and says her mother has been abandoned by her own government A man runs to escape heat and flames from multiple funeral pyres of Covid-19 victims at a crematorium in the outskirts of New Delhi. A 59-year-old Australian permanent resident stranded in India has died of Covid-19. Photograph: Amit Sharma/AP An Australian permanent resident has died of Covid-19 while stranded in India, days after the government’s strict ban on arrivals from the country began. The family of the 59-year-old claim their father was “disowned” by the Australian government before he died. Now, they are pleading for help so their mother, who is also stuck in India, can return to Australia so they can grieve together. The foreign affairs minister, Marise Payne, has acknowledged the man’s death, and Australia’s high commissioner to India, Barry O’Farrell, said consular assistance was being provided to the family. However, Payne, O’Farrell and the department of foreign affairs, when asked by the Guardian, have not addressed the family’s claims that Australia’s high commission ignored requests to help repatriate or provide a ventilator to the man in the weeks before his death. Sydney woman Sonali Ralhan’s father reportedly died in a New Delhi hospital on Wednesday, two days after an Australian government determination came into effect that made it a criminal offence for anyone to travel to Australia within 14 days of being in India. The ban applies to citizens and permanent residents, who face fines of up to $66,600 or five years jail, or both, if they attempt to flee the worsening crisis in India. In an open letter to the prime minister posted on Facebook, Ralhan, an Australian citizen, said she contacted consular officials in India a few weeks ago with “great hopes” they would help her parents, long-term residents of Australia, return home safely. Instead, within weeks she would be mourning the death of her father. “I write to you wi
WHO classifies B1617 from India as COVID-19 variant of global concernThe World Health Organziation said on Monday (May 10) that the B1617 variant first identified in India last year was being classified as a variant ... 全球爆發了
WHO classifies India COVID-19 variant as being of global concernThe World Health Organziation said on Monday (May 10) that the B1617 variant first identified in India last year was being classified as a variant ...