Huawei founder details 'battle mode' reform plan to beat US crisis

  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 37 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 66%

Singapore Headlines News

Singapore Latest News,Singapore Headlines

China's Huawei will spend more on production equipment this year to ensure supply continuity, cut redundant roles and demote inefficient managers ...

HONG KONG: China's Huawei will spend more on production equipment this year to ensure supply continuity, cut redundant roles and demote inefficient managers as its grapples with a"live-or-die moment" in the wake of US export curbs, founder Ren Zhengfei said.that permits Huawei Technologies to buy components from US companies to supply existing customers, but it also moved to add more than 40 of Huawei's units to its economic blacklist.

"If you cannot do the job, then make way for our tank to roll; And if you want to come on the battlefield, you can tie a rope around the 'tank' to pull it along, everyone needs this sort of determination!"Huawei is a key theme in a broader, year-long US-China trade war, with Washington slapping it with the trade ban in May citing national security risks. Huawei, however, posted a 23 per cent revenue jump in the first half, helped by strong smartphone sales in its home market.

"In 3-5 years time, Huawei will be flowing with new blood," Ren said."After we survive the most critical moment in history, a new army would be born. To do what? Dominate the world," Ren said.

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.
We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 6. in SG

Singapore Latest News, Singapore Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

US grants Huawei another 90 days to buy from American suppliers: RossUS Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said Monday the US government will extend a reprieve given to Huawei Technologies that permits the Chinese firm ...
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »

US President Trump does not want to do business with China's HuaweiU.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday said he did not want the United States to do business with China's Huawei even as the administration weighs ...
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »

Huawei dismisses new suspension of 'unjust' US banHuawei on Tuesday dismissed Washington's three-month delay to a ban on US firms selling to the Chinese tech giant and said the decision would not change the fact it had been 'treated unjustly'. The US Commerce Department effectively suspended for a second time tough rules stopping the
Source: YahooSG - 🏆 3. / 71 Read more »

US grants Huawei another 90 days to buy from American suppliers: RossU.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said Monday the U.S. government will extend a reprieve given to Huawei Technologies that permits the Chinese ...
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »

US gives Huawei 90 day reprieve on ban: RossThe United States gave Huawei a 90-day reprieve Monday on a ban against buying US technology, but added nearly four dozen subsidiaries of the Chinese telecoms giant to the prohibition. 'As we continue to urge consumers to transition away from Huawei's products, we recognize that more time is
Source: YahooSG - 🏆 3. / 71 Read more »

Huawei dismisses new suspension of 'unjust' US banBEIJING: Huawei on Tuesday (Aug 20) dismissed Washington's three-month delay to a ban on US firms selling to the Chinese tech giant and said the ...
Source: ChannelNewsAsia - 🏆 6. / 66 Read more »