Celebrate S'pore's birthday with FairPrice's National Day promotions
To celebrate Singapore's 56th birthday on Aug 9, enjoy multiple deals at FairPrice as part of its National Day campaign. It runs from today to Aug 18 at all FairPrice outlets, including supermarkets, FairPrice Finest, FairPrice Xtra, Warehouse Club and FairPrice...
Strawberry Compote1. Add sugar to strawberries and let it sit in the fridge overnight to draw out the strawberry juice.2. Cook the mixture in a saucepan with lemon juice until it becomes jammy.Panna Cotta3. Bloom gelatine powder in 10g of milk and set aside.
4. Add milk or roasted almond milk, whipping cream and sugar in a saucepan, stir constantly.5. Add bloomed gelatine mix and stir to melt.6. Once melted, set aside.Roasted almond milk7. Roast almonds in the oven at 180 deg C for three to four minutes until roasted.
8. Blend roasted almonds, milk and almond milk. Let it infuse overnight, then pass through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth to remove all almond bits.For a MasterChef-level dish, challenge your family with these additional stepsRhubarb jelly9. Mix gelatine in 10g of water. headtopics.com
10. Heat rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan until it becomes jammy.11. Add agar agar powder and gelatine to the cooked mixture and whisk to combine.12. Pass the combined mixture through a fine sieve.Mint powder13. Place mint leaves in a dehydrator or oven at a low temperature until they dry up.
14. Blend in a spice blender and pass through a fine sieve to get the mint powder.15. Store in the fridge and keep it covered to prevent clumping.Assembling the ingredients16. Pour panna cotta into a glass cup and let it set.17. Once panna cotta has set, add strawberry compote and garnish with fresh mint.
18. (Optional) After milk has set, pour rhubarb jelly mixture and let it set before adding strawberry compote. Garnish with mint powder. Read more: The New Paper »
Covid-19: People with positive rapid-test result to self-isolate for 3 days; test kits at 100 vending machines from Sept 18
Olympics: S'pore's Yeo Jia Min eyes last 16 after swift win on debutDespite a two-hour delay to her first Olympic match yesterday, Singapore shuttler Yeo Jia Min remained unflustered. Instead, the 22-year-old stayed focused and remained composed as she comfortably beat Mexico's Gaitan Haramara in 25 minutes to get off to a flying start in...
Models shed clothes for annual Bodypainting Day in NYCIf you happened to stroll by Union Square in New York City on Sunday, you might have been greeted by an unusual sight: people posing nude, their bodies covered in floral designs and stars painted in bright colors. 'The idea of the event is really to promote free expression and acceptance of all people, their ideas as artists and also their bodies,' said artist Andy Golub, the event's main organizer. It was also a way to celebrate New York City's emerging from the deadly coronavirus pandemic after more than a year of restrictions that forced the city that never sleeps to grind to almost a complete halt.
Of 139 new COVID cases, 38 linked to Jurong Fishery Port and KTVsThe Ministry of Health (MOH) on Tuesday (27 July) reported 139 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore, taking the country's total case count to 64,453.
In French first, same-sex Protestant pastors get marriedIn general, Protestant doctrine does not consider marriage to be a sacrament, but the church can give its blessing in civil ceremonies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples.
Palace Updates Royal Line Of Succession With Lilibet's Name Seven Weeks After Her BirthThe change comes days after royal fans noticed the website hadn't been updated
Hong Kong court to give first national security trial verdictHONG KONG: A Hong Kong court will lay down a marker on the city's future legal landscape on Tuesday (Jul 27) when it delivers its verdict in the ... Just no different between CCP and Xianggang For those pro CCP always said you can still protest and keep freedom of speech but yeah you can still speak you can protest but than you go to jail. The free world should join forces to fight the CCPChina 's tyranny. We should no longer Trust an Evil Dictator. StandWithHongKong