QC gov’t orders halt to MRT-7 construction above Quezon Memorial Circle

Quezon City, Joy Belmonte, Mrt-7, Quezon Memorial Circle, San Miguel Corporation, Eei Corporation, Department Of Transportation, National Historical Commission Of The Philippines, National Commission For Culture And The Arts, Qc Gov’T Orders Halt To Mrt-7 Construction Above Quezon Memorial Circle | Abs-Cbn News

Quezon City, Joy Belmonte

18.2.2020

QC gov’t orders halt to MRT-7 construction above Quezon Memorial Circle

The Quezon City government suspended on Tuesday the ongoing construction of an MRT-7 station above the Quezon Memorial Circle after environmentalists and historians said “it would affect the landmark's identity as a national heritage park.” Mayor Joy Belmonte, in a statement, said she ordered a temporary cease and desist order on the station's construction and will have a dialogue with the Department of Transportation, MRT developer San Miguel Corporation, and contractor EEI Corporation about the matter. Belmonte said she has grave reservations about the desecration of the heritage site, especially as construction was affecting the surface of the park. "We want to look for a win-win solution that would protect our open spaces while advancing the welfare of thousands of commuters who will benefit from the mass transport project," the mayor said. The city mayor added that she wants the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP), the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and the Quezon-Avancena Family, the descendants of the late Manuel L. Quezon, to also have a say on the matter as it will affect the “city’s most famous landmark.” She has also ordered a review of the project after discovering that it exceeded the agreed area for construction. “Based on the project's permit and clearance, the contractor indicated 4,997 square meters as its floor area. However, the proposed floor area is more than five times the approved figure,” she said. At least 44 percent of the new Metro Rail Transit 7 has been completed and 12 out of 14 stations are expected to be operational by 2022, the transport department said during a media tour for the State of the Nation Address last year. Once completed, the train line will cut travel time from North Avenue Station in Quezon City to San Jose Del Monte in Bulacan to 34 minutes from 4 hours, the agency said. Read more: ABS-CBN News

YesToABSCBNShutDown Yes

QC moves effectivity date of ban on single-use materialsMANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City government has moved to July 1 the effectivity date of a sweeping ban on single-use materials in hotels and eateries, after businesses protested that the

Tricycle driver shot dead in QCA tricycle driver was shot dead by a lone assailant in Quezon City . DYGalvezINQ

Tricycle driver shot dead in QCA tricycle driver was shot dead by a lone assailant in Quezon City . DYGalvezINQ

IN PHOTOS: Jennylyn Mercado, Dennis Trillo spread kilig vibes in 'CoLove Live' concertKapuso couple Jennylyn Mercado and Dennis Trillo spread kilig vibes at their first Valentine concert titled 'CoLove Live' held last night, February 15, at the New Frontier Theater in Cubao, Quezon City .

Trillanes back in PH, posts bail for sedition case(UPDATED) As soon as he arrives at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, former senator Antonio Trillanes IV heads to the Quezon City Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 138 to post bail

QC moves effectivity date of ban on single-use materialsMANILA, Philippines — The Quezon City government has moved to July 1 the effectivity date of a sweeping ban on single-use materials in hotels and eateries, after businesses protested that the



Duterte on self-quarantine as several officials contract COVID-19

Gordon defends Pimentel: ‘Wag naman natin pagpiyestahan’

New PH coronavirus cases spike by 272, total now at 1,075

Pacquiao residence on lockdown after viral video with Pimentel

LIVE UPDATES: COVID-19 pandemic

Some test kits sent from China only 40 percent accurate: DOH

After backlash, DOH studying increase in health workers pay

Write Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Please try again later.

Latest News

News

18 February 2020, Tuesday News

Previous news

Fly by

Next news

THE DAY IN PHOTOS: February 18, 2020
Gov't 'willing' to pay P50-K salary for volunteer doctors: solon Rapid testing kits pushed, but Duque sticks to ‘gold standard’ A doctor’s response to DOH’s PHP500 offer: ‘show us why this is all you can afford’ 'Fight COVID-19' Iza Calzado bumubuti ang kalagayan kasabay ng COVID-19 diagnosis Singapore donates 40,000 test kits to the Philippines ‘Karapatang-pantao ng mga residente respetuhin kahit may COVID-19 lockdown’ Groceries, pharmacies told to prioritize senior citizens during COVID-19 crisis 'Don't use water bottles as containers for disinfectants,' medical group warns public 3 San Lazaro Hospital health workers infected with COVID-19 Michael Leyva joins forces with Angel Locsin in distributing PPEs N.Korea fires 'unidentified projectile': report
Duterte on self-quarantine as several officials contract COVID-19 Gordon defends Pimentel: ‘Wag naman natin pagpiyestahan’ New PH coronavirus cases spike by 272, total now at 1,075 Pacquiao residence on lockdown after viral video with Pimentel LIVE UPDATES: COVID-19 pandemic Some test kits sent from China only 40 percent accurate: DOH After backlash, DOH studying increase in health workers pay Lying COVID-19 patients caused deaths among doctors, DOH says Pope Francis: 'You, Lord, will not leave us at the mercy of the storm' Pacquiao says he tested negative for COVID-19 using rapid test kit from South Korea Doctors, health workers outraged at DOH's P500 daily allowance for COVID-19 hospital volunteers DOH discards some inaccurate virus test kits from China