Provincial buses in operation down to 20% amid high fuel prices —group

6/23/2022 5:40:00 AM

Provincial buses in operation down to 20% amid high fuel prices —group

Oil Price Hikes, Provincial Buses

Provincial buses in operation down to 20% amid high fuel prices —group

Only 20% to 30% of the total number of provincial buses are operatingamid the series of fuel price increases, according to the Provincial Bus Operators Association of the Philippines on Thursday.

PublishedJune 23, 2022 10:14amOnly 20% to 30% of the total number of provincial buses are operatingamid the series of fuel price increases, according to the Provincial Bus Operators Association of the Philippines on Thursday.Interviewed on Unang Balita, the group's executive director, Alex Yague, said the number of provincial buses already operating climbed to 60% in April following the loosening of COVID-19 restrictions.

“Nitong mga nakaraang linggo at tumaas nang husto yung halaga ng diesel. Kaya yung 60% na dating tumatakbo during the May election up to early June bumagsak na naman ito, 20% to 30% na lamang ang tumatakbo,” he said, without mentioning the total number of provincial buses in the country.

Read more: GMA News »

#Throwback: 20 photos of Yasmien Kurdi and daughter Ayesha that will make you go 'Awww'Check out these adorable photos of 'StarStruck' alumna Yasmien Kurdi with her daughter Ayesha Zara! ❤️

Bus operators’ group urge review of DOTr’s modernization programYague called on the Congress to review the DOTr&39;s modernization program as their buses which are already in their possession for 15 years will no longer be allowed to be used for public transportation.

Motorists form long lines at Antipolo City gas stations to fuel upMotorists queued in gas stations that are selling cheaper fuel in Antipolo City since Sunday night as the prices of fuel went up again on Tuesday, June 21.

Oil firms raise fuel pump prices for 3rd straight week | Lenie LecturaPrices of petroleum products will go up again starting Tuesday morning. Effective 6 a.m. of June 21, diesel price will increase by P3.10 per liter, kerosene by P1.70 per liter, and gasoline by P0.80 per liter. Seaoil, Phoenix, PTT, Caltex, Shell, and Petron said Monday that the latest oil price…

Four most wanted persons arrested in Central LuzonFour most wanted persons were arrested by authorities during a manhunt operation conducted in Aurora, Bulacan and Nueva Ecija on June 20.

Senate explores TRAIN Law changes to trim fuel taxesThe Nation's Leading News paper

By JOVILAND RITA, GMA News Published June 23, 2022 10:14am Only 20% to 30% of the total number of provincial buses are operating amid the series of fuel price increases, according to the Provincial Bus Operators Association of the Philippines on Thursday..By HANA BORDEY, GMA News Published June 22, 2022 12:19am At least 26,000 workers have been affected by the bus transportation system implemented by the government and the rising fuel costs, a representative of a bus operators' group told a Senate panel Tuesday.Nel Andrade Motorists queued in gas stations that are selling cheaper fuel in Antipolo City since Sunday night as the prices of fuel went up again on Tuesday, June 21.

Interviewed on Unang Balita, the group's executive director, Alex Yague, said the number of provincial buses already operating climbed to 60% in April following the loosening of COVID-19 restrictions. “Nitong mga nakaraang linggo at tumaas nang husto yung halaga ng diesel. Kaya yung 60% na dating tumatakbo during the May election up to early June bumagsak na naman ito, 20% to 30% na lamang ang tumatakbo,” he said, without mentioning the total number of provincial buses in the country. Similar to other public utility vehicle sectors, Yague said 30 percent of the provincial buses are allowed to operate in Metro Manila. (The prices of diesel have really increased these past weeks. That’s why the 60% that were operating during the May elections up to early June dropped to 20% to 30%. Oliveros Street continued to sell diesel, regular, and premium gasoline.

) Yague said the number of operating provincial buses picked up in April when operators were allowed to use their own terminals. Mga 5,600 buses ang affected, ‘di ho tumatakbo," Yague told the Senate panel. This was a significant development as no provincial buses were allowed to operate during the height of the pandemic. According to an Unang Balita report, around 26,000 provincial bus workers lost their jobs when operators suspended their operations due to the series of fuel price hikes. Due to the limited number of buses, Yague said passengers have to wait longer as operators need to fill 80% to 90% of the load capacity of buses before leaving the terminals to recover expenses. So, we're talking of about…around 26,000 to 28,000 employees ang affected," he stated.  — KBK, GMA News .P.