Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have purchased and moved into a new family home in Santa Barbara.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have purchased and moved into a new family home in Santa Barbara, an affluent seaside city outside Los Angeles, according to US media reports. The Duke …
/ 02:41 PM August 14, 2020 Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have purchased and moved into a new family home in Santa Barbara, an affluent seaside city outside Los Angeles, according to US media reports. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex — who quit frontline British royal duties this year — were previously living in Meghan’s hometown Los Angeles, where they became quickly embroiled in a legal battle with paparazzi over photos taken of their son Archie.
The pair “moved into their family home in July of this year” and have “settled into the quiet privacy of their community,” a spokesperson said in a statement to AFP, without confirming the new location. They “hope that this will be respected for their neighbors, as well as for them as a family,” the spokesperson added.
According to People and Page Six, their new house is in Santa Barbara, a wealthy community 100 miles up the coast from Los Angeles which is also home to Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres. “This is where they want to bring Archie up, where they hope he can have as normal a life as possible,” an anonymous source told Page Six.
The source added: “Harry and Meghan never intended to make Los Angeles their home.” The pair filed a lawsuit last month in Los Angeles against paparazzi whom they accuse of taking pictures of their son without permission. “The couple recently learned that someone is shopping photographs of their 14-month-old son, Archie, falsely claiming to have taken them on a ‘recent’ public outing ‘in Malibu,'” the complaint, filed for invasion of privacy, said.
The snapshots were actually taken during “activities in the backyard of the residence, unbeknownst” to the couple, it said. The couple were reportedly living at the Los Angeles home of media tycoon Tyler Perry at the time. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex relocated to California via Canada after announcing in January that they intended to quit royal life and “work to become financially independent.”
Markle and Harry have spoken of their desire to “to do something of meaning, to do something that matters,” in California, where they plan to launch a wide-ranging non-profit organization named Archewell. In April, they worked with a charity to hand out meals to chronically ill people in Los Angeles during the coronavirus lockdown.
The couple are “intent on being of service” and seeing their new home “through the lens of philanthropy,” Richard Ayoub, the charity’s CEO, told AFP at the time. © Agence France-Presse Read more: Inquirer »
EU Parliament to Philippines: Drop charges vs Maria Ressa
European lawmakers also call on the Duterte government to renew the franchise of ABS-CBN, the Philippines’ largest broadcaster
Baka naman si Prince Charles naman ang nagbayad wala naman silang trabaho. May monthy allowance pa sila kay Prince Charles e. 🤣😂
Prince Clemente reminds public to allot one hour of their time daily to workout'Descendants of the Sun Ph' actor Prince Clemente asks the public to maintain an active lifestyle: 'Dapat n'yo lang laging alalahanin is kung meron tayong time manood ng maraming series or mga movies, I'm sure na kayang-kaya n'yo magsingit ng kahit isang oras sa time n'yo kada araw para mag-workout.'
Magpakailanman presents 'Walang Iwanan: The Layug Family Story'This Saturday, August 15, Magpakailanman pays homage to all Filipino families and frontliners all over the world with a very special offering entitled “Walang Iwanan: The Layug Family Story”.
A largely virtual New York Film Festival unveils lineupNEW YORK — This year&039;s New York Film Festival (NYFF) will be held largely virtually and in outdoor screenings, organizers said Thursday while unveiling a lineup featuring new films from Chloe
How to properly disinfect your household itemsKeep your home clean and free from bacteria with these following tips:
DOH determines which Metro Manila schools to be used as quarantine facilities – Briones'Better to convert the big schools, and make sure the availability of water for washing hands is there. The DOH will decide on this and determine if the schools comply with the minimum health standards,” Education Secretary Briones said. READ: attyharryroque DOHgovph DepEd_PH please dont ask teachers or any school employees to report on said schools converted to quarantine facilities. thank you.
Google turning smartphones into earthquake detectorsGoogle added an earthquake alert system in California on Tuesday, saying it is working on letting Android-powered smartphones double as tremor detectors. | AFP