Poll official says decision on DQ cases vs BBM not being delayed

The Nation's Leading Newspaper

1/19/2022 6:30:00 PM

An official of the Commission on Elections assured that the decision on the disqualification cases of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is not being delayed.

The Nation's Leading Newspaper

Comelec/MB“Hindi naman po tama ‘yung sinasabi na dine-delay namin para daw mapaburan ang isang partido (It would be wrong for some to say that we are delaying the resolution to favor one party),” Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon said in a webcast posted at the poll body’s Facebook page.

The poll official earlier announced that the decision will be out on or before Jan. 17.However, the staff or lawyer-in-charge of the drafting had been afflicted with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).Guanzon is part of the Comelec First Division handling the three petitions seeking to disqualify Marcos Jr. in the May 2022 polls.

Read more: Manila Bulletin News »

BBM camp: Comelec ruling shows DQ petitioners made misrepresentations, not Marcos, Jr. | BusinessMirrorTHE Commission on Elections did not simply dismiss summarily by unanimous vote the petition to cancel the certificate of candidacy (CoC) of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos but went ahead to discuss what it described as an attempt by the petitioners to deceive the poll body. The Marcos camp pointed… Isn't not the cancellation not the dq? Misleading.

#VotePH2022: COVID, power woes loom as poll concernsMANILA, Philippines — Not only the ongoing surge in COVID-19 infections but also the thin power supply in the summer months may impact preparations for the May 9 elections, officials said on

BBM camp: Comelec ruling shows DQ petitioners made misrepresentations, not Marcos, Jr. | BusinessMirrorTHE Commission on Elections did not simply dismiss summarily by unanimous vote the petition to cancel the certificate of candidacy (CoC) of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos but went ahead to discuss what it described as an attempt by the petitioners to deceive the poll body. The Marcos camp pointed… Isn't not the cancellation not the dq? Misleading.

Rep. Pichay claims SC decision over his graft case not yet finalSAN FRANCISCO, Agusan del Sur (MindaNews / 18 Jan) – Deputy Speaker and Surigao del Sur First District Rep. Prospero Pichay has claimed that the Supreme Court decision to uphold his graft case at t…

Guanzon denies Comelec delaying resolution of cases vs Marcos Jr. to favor any partyThe Commission on Elections is not delaying the resolution of the disqualification cases against presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. to favor any party, Commissioner Rowena Guanzon said. | NAMercadoINQ NAMercadoINQ Deny deny... obviously another dysfunctional govt agency.

Comelec moves printing of ballots amid technical issuesThe poll body assures the public this will not affect preparations for the May elections.

An official of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Wednesday, Jan. 19, assured that the decision on the disqualification cases of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is not being delayed. Comelec/MB “Hindi naman po tama ‘yung sinasabi na dine-delay namin para daw mapaburan ang isang partido (It would be wrong for some to say that we are delaying the resolution to favor one party),” Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon said in a webcast posted at the poll body’s Facebook page. The poll official earlier announced that the decision will be out on or before Jan. 17. However, the staff or lawyer-in-charge of the drafting had been afflicted with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Guanzon is part of the Comelec First Division handling the three petitions seeking to disqualify Marcos Jr. in the May 2022 polls. The poll official assured that they will release the resolution in time so that “all parties can still have recourse under the law.” Guanzon also explained that the grounds for disqualification are different from cancellation of the certificate of candidacy. “Kasi pag hindi naiintindihan nagagalit mga tao, akala nila hocus pokus na nangyayari dito (When people don’t understand the process, they get angry and would assume that there is ‘hocus pocus’ happening here),” she said. The petitions were filed by Bonifacio Ilagan, Akbayan and Abubakar Mangelen.