Covıd-19, Department Of Health, Nation, National News

Covıd-19, Department Of Health

PH overtakes Indonesia as ASEAN country with most COVID-19 cases

The country reports 3,561 new cases on Thursday, August 6, bringing the total to 119,460

8/6/2020 8:06:00 PM

The Philippines overtakes Indonesia as the Southeast Asian nation with the most number of coronavirus infections as of Thursday, August 6. Read:

The country reports 3,561 new cases on Thursday, August 6, bringing the total to 119,460

Rizal - 81Of the areas listed above, only Cebu was under general community quarantine while the rest were under lockdown or modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) until August 18.Over 42% or 50,473 of the country's total cases are still active cases.

Duterte 'not interested' in extending presidency, says spokesman House's 'Supermajority Coalition' endorses continued speakership of Cayetano Mother’s milk could help fight coronavirus, study finds

The death toll has also increased, with the government reporting 28 new fatalities on Thursday. The toll now stands at 2,150.Meanwhile, the recoveries grew to 66,837 after 569 more people were reported to have gotten past the disease.How is hospital capacity?

More than half of the country's beds dedicated to COVID-19 patients are now occupied.According to the DOH, the following are the occupancy rates:ICU beds - 55% occupiedIsolation beds - 51% occupiedWard beds - 53% occupiedMeanwhile, 31% of ventilators are being used for severe and critical cases, leaving 69% of around 2,100 units still available.

Read more: Rappler »

Lawmaker Eric Yap mocks Pinoy Ako Blog for Benguet lab jab

Pinoy Ako Blog claps back and says ACT-CIS Representative Eric Yap's insult is similar to what paid trolls throw at her

Duque must be sooooo happy. If this is a game...gold does this mean we are winning? 🤡

COVID-19 cases in PH tops 119,460 with 3,561 new infectionsMANILA, Philippines — There are now 119,460 cases of the coronavirus disease ( COVID-19 ) in the Philippines as the Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday recorded an additional 3,561

COVID-19 cases in PH soar to 119,460 with 3,561 new infectionsMetro Manila has the most number of new cases with 2,041, followed by Laguna with 222, Cebu with 221, Cavite with 100, and Rizal with 81.

PH exports, imports down 24.7% in H1 amid COVID-19 pandemicThe Philippines’ sales of its products abroad and the value of goods it imported from January to June fell by nearly a fourth to $67.5 billion amid a COVID-19 -induced global recession. | bendeveraINQ

405 health workers in PH currently battling COVID-19; total infections climb to 5,096obviously lack of protections.

Testing czar trivializes Singapore article on PH as potential ‘COVID hotspot’Testing czar Vince Dizon said that the spike in coronavirus disease ( COVID-19 ) cases is 'normal' since the government is continuously conducting more tests.

Japan sends Avigan tablets for 100 COVID-19 patients in PHThe country has received tablets of an anti-flu drug from Japan that can potentially cure the coronavirus disease, the Japanese Embassy said on Thursday. What happened to the ingenuity and resourcefulness of Filipinos 😔 CNN PH, you should call it vaccine . 😐 Why call it 'tablets' & 'anti-flu drug' ⁉ vaccines VaccinesforALL vaccination DuterteApproved i’ll be gone!