Palace raps ICC prosecutor's request to reopen probe on PH drug war

25/06/2022 12:15:00 PM

The Nation's Leading Newspaper

Malacañang said that Duterte administration has always been transparent in its “successful” campaign against illegal drugs as it blasted a recent request for the International Criminal Court to investigate the alleged irregularities in the campaign anew.

The Nation's Leading Newspaper

Communications Secretary Martin Andanar (Malacañang photo)Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said this after ICC prosecutor Karim Khan formally requested the judges of the court’s pre-trial chamber to proceed with the probe. Khan claimed that the Philippine government did not appear to be investigating the alleged crimes committed amid the drug war.

In a statement, Andanar expressed frustration as he reiterated the country’s appeal to be allowed to handle its internal affairs.“Let these efforts of the Philippine government run their course; after all, reciprocity is a key principle in the methods of work of the ICC,” he said Saturday, June 25.

Read more:
Manila Bulletin News »

Shut up and go home Masamang Pangitain Sa Administrasyong Duterte! Puro Kamalasan Nanyari Sa Mundo! Better To Oust! The Mad Of Asia To Stop The Killings! Stop The Killings! Hindi Malayo Na Isa Ka Sa Mga KAWATAN! Dahil Sumusuporta Ka Sa May Mga Bahid Ng Human Rights Violation! At Corruption! POTANG INA MONG BUGOK! GAGO! ULOL! Hoy BUGOK! Paano Mo Nasabi Na Ikaw Ay Hamak Na DDS! Lang Na Mahihina Yong Utak! Utak Talasak! Bobo Ka BUGOK! At GAGO! ULOL!

ICC IntlCrimCourt Pasok! Tapos Sabihin Ni Paleto! Na Ang Justice System Ng Pilipinas Ay Umuusad. Umuusad Parang Pagong Hangang Ma Dismissed Kasi Raw Panis Na Ang Mga Ebidensiya Sabi Ng Nabayarang Hukom! ICC IntlCrimCourt Pasok!

Palace ‘exasperated’ with request for continuation of ICC probe into Philippine drug warMalacañang said on Saturday that it was exasperated with International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Karim Khan&39;s request for the resumption of the investigation into the Philippine war on drugs, saying that the government had been transparent in addressing the flaws in the campaign. IGNORE THE ICC. Who cares what they think. President Duterte has been the best president the Philippines ever had.

ICC prosecutor wants to resume probe in Duterte drug warThis means Prosecutor Khan has determined that there have been no genuine investigations by Philippine authorities. Resumption needs permission from the chamber.

Killing as state policy: 10 things the ICC says about Duterte’s drug warThe International Criminal Court’s pre-trial chamber says killings of suspected drug personalities ‘has been frequently encouraged’ by President Rodrigo Duterte himself. More in this RapplerIQ by Jodesz Gavilan. If it is from RAPPLER...well it must be a lie apart from being the worst... Trust us. These people seat on money while their souls are filled with burning fuel, bending the truth to paint a hologram of lies... Hades in letters, literature and publication. 🤸⛹️🤾🏋️🧘🧑‍🦯🧎🧍🚶🏃 So true... and he's always bragging about it...that he will kill addicts even if he is no longer president. But he lets the druglords go scot free like his kumpare

HRW: ICC prosecutor's request to continue probe into Philippines' drug war 'booster' for accountabilityInternational group Human Rights Watch on Saturday welcomed the International Criminal Court prosecutor&39;s request for a pre-trial chamber to authorize the resumption of the investigation into the war on drugs in the Philippines under President Rodrigo Duterte.

THE MANGAHAS INTERVIEWS: Clarita Carlos: Human rights primary, let ICC investigate“Let them investigate. As a matter of fact, I said, ‘you invite them here. We have a team of scholars like us who can accompany them… ‘wag tayong minders. Bigyan mo sila ng alagwa na hanapin ang data na kailangang hanapin. Then, let them have their conclusions, whatever it is,” Carlos said on the ICC probe on killings linked to drug war. "Kailangan kino-confront mo &39;yan directly otherwise nagra-rankle," Carlos said. Ito na yung sinasabi ko kagabi. Si President BBM ang masusunod. Hindi ikaw Carlos. Pakialamera. Hindi ikaw ang Presidente.

Palace: Duterte handled West Philippine Sea dispute carefully and decisivelyPresident Rodrigo Duterte handled the maritime dispute in the West Philippine Sea “carefully and decisively,” Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said on Friday.

Malacañang said that the Duterte administration has always been transparent in its “successful” campaign against illegal drugs as it blasted a recent request for the International Criminal Court (ICC) to investigate the alleged irregularities in the campaign anew.By JAMIL SANTOS, GMA News Published June 25, 2022 2:18pm Malacañang said on Saturday that it was exasperated with International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Karim Khan's request for the resumption of the investigation into the Philippine war on drugs, saying that the government had been transparent in addressing the flaws in the campaign.MANILA, Philippines – International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Karim Khan has filed a request with the pre-trial chamber (PTC), asking that they be allowed to resume investigations into the killings in Davao City and in President Rodrigo Duterte’s bloody war on drugs.The International Criminal Court has green-lit an investigation into widespread killings in the Philippines, perpetrated under President Rodrigo Duterte’s violent anti-illegal drug campaign.

Communications Secretary Martin Andanar (Malacañang photo) Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said this after ICC prosecutor Karim Khan formally requested the judges of the court’s pre-trial chamber to proceed with the probe. Khan claimed that the Philippine government did not appear to be investigating the alleged crimes committed amid the drug war. "Amid our hugely successful anti-illegal drug campaign that saw a massive dip in crime incidences attributed to drug abuse, the Duterte administration has undertaken, through the Department of Justice, in partnership with the Philippine National Police, among others, investigations of all deaths that have arisen from lawful drug enforcement operations," Presidential Communications Secretary and Acting Presidential Spokesperson Martin Andanar responded in a statement. In a statement, Andanar expressed frustration as he reiterated the country’s appeal to be allowed to handle its internal affairs. This effectively means that Khan has determined for himself and the OTP that there have been no genuine investigations carried out by Philippine authorities. “Let these efforts of the Philippine government run their course; after all, reciprocity is a key principle in the methods of work of the ICC,” he said Saturday, June 25. The acting Palace spokesperson thus urged the international community to let the Philippine government's efforts run their course, adding that veering away from reciprocity as a method of work of the ICC only revealed the "politicization" that had allegedly infiltrated its ranks. “To veer away from this principle will only reveal the politicization that has infiltrated the ICC’s ranks,” he added. Killing was state policy It is part of government policy to kill, according to the ICC pre-trial chamber, based on different information submitted by the Office of the Prosecutor.

Andanar pointed out that the ICC based its call for an investigation on a report by the Commission on Human Rights (CHR). "Surely, the CHR knows the implications of such intervention on State sovereignty, and we expect the ICC, especially Mr. If and when the investigation resumes, the process will pick up where it left off, which is to seek evidence to issue arrest warrants. He said the report doers not imply that such an intervention was necessary. “Let it be clarified that while the CHR has recommended in [the] said report that relevant international organizations continue monitoring the human rights situation in the country, in no part of its report did it even imply the need for [a] direct external investigation,” he said. Meanwhile, the Philippine Justice Department told GMA News Online that while it had much to say about the development, it was both necessary and prudent that the DOJ first discuss the matter with the Foreign Affairs Department and other involved agencies. “Surely, the CHR knows the implications of such intervention on State sovereignty, and we expect the ICC, especially Mr.” The ICC has granted limited immunity to former Davao City cop Arturo Lascañas, who has confessed to carrying out Duterte’s alleged kill orders to the DDS. Khan, to know that as well,” he added. In a 53-page resolution, ICC prosecutor Karim Khan on Friday said the Philippine government had not demonstrated that it investigated or was investigating its nationals or others in connection with the series of killings attributed to the anti-drug campaign.  The Philippine National Police (PNP) also appeared to have ignored its own operational procedures and international standards concerning the use of lethal force.

The outgoing Palace spokesman said the Duterte administration has always been transparent regarding alleged irregularities in the drug war, a program he described as “successful.” “Amid our hugely successful anti-illegal drug campaign that saw a massive dip in crime incidences attributed to drug abuse, the Duterte administration has undertaken, through the Department of Justice, in partnership with the Philippine National Police, among others, investigations of all deaths that have arisen from lawful drug enforcement operations,” Andanar said. — DVM, GMA News. The Rome Statute requires that for the OTP to open an investigation, it must have established that the country is unable or unwilling to investigate the crimes. “This shows transparency and the efforts to address alleged flaws in the campaign are in fact supported by the United Nations in its three-year technical cooperation program with the Philippines known as the Joint Program on Human Rights that took effect in July last year,” he added. In September last year, a pre-trial chamber of the ICC green-lit the probe of President Duterte’s drug war, citing a “reasonable basis” to believe that crimes against humanity had been committed in the course of the anti-illegal drugs campaign. Two months later, the ICC suspended its probe after the Philippines filed a deferral request, saying the country was investigating the alleged abuses and killings. “The killing of alleged drug dealers and users, or even more broadly ‘criminals,’ has been frequently encouraged by Rodrigo Duterte,” the ICC said.

.