No new fatality, 1 recovery, 1 new COVID-19 case, among overseas Filipinos — DFA
No new fatality due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) among Filipinos abroad was reported while only one recovery and one new confirmed case were added to the tally Saturday, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.
Active cases are at 3,015.According to the Foreign Affairs department, the one new confirmed case and recovery were recorded in the Americas and Asia and the Pacific.“Compared to last week’s percentages, the total number of Filipinos who have recovered from COVID-19 increased slightly to 63.49 percent of the total confirmed cases while the percentages of deaths and those under treatment decreased to 29.03 percent and 7.48 percent, respectively,” the department said.
At present, most of the confirmed cases are from the Middle East and Africa with 7,052 total cases. More than half of them have already recovered with the region tallying 4,230 recoveries. The region has 496 deaths.The remaining cases among nationals abroad are scattered in the Asia Pacific Region, countries in Europe, and the Americas.
The Asia Pacific Region has a total of 1,354 cases of COVID-19 among migrant Filipinos, with 1,018 recoveries, and eight deaths. Read more: Manila Bulletin News »
Scientists, students shoot down DENR exec’s ‘below-the-belt rants’ about UP experts
Although Environment Undersecretary Benny Antiporda has since apologized, the Geographic Society of the University of the Philippines maintains he must retract his statements fully and resign from his post
DFA: Over 3,000 Filipinos abroad under care for COVID-19
BuCor info chief Chaclag catches COVID-19
Actually, a Chinese virologist didn't prove that COVID-19 was man-made
Liverpool faces fresh COVID-19 restrictions
Wuhan relatives of those felled by COVID-19 accuse China of blocking lawsuitsUPDATED. Lawsuits of bereaved next of kin are abruptly rejected, dozens of others face pressure from authorities not to file, and lawyers are being warned against helping them.
Duterte extends state of calamity over PH due to COVID-19 pandemicJUST IN: President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the state of calamity placed over the entire Philippines for one more year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. | KAguilarINQ KAguilarINQ 🇵🇭👑🤡