Gwen says Cebu to focus on recovery efforts, not lockdowns

The Nation's Leading Newspaper

1/16/2022 5:45:00 PM

Rather than talking about border controls and lockdowns, the province would prefer to focus on its recovery efforts.

The Nation's Leading Newspaper

CEBU CITY – Rather than talking about border controls and lockdowns, the province would prefer to focus on its recovery efforts.This is the stand of Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia after the province was placed by Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) under Alert Level 3 from January 16-31.

“So, in so far as, whatever restrictions there may be under Alert Level 3, vis a vis what we need to do in our efforts at recovering, rehabilitating, and moving forward, then I shall have to take, give priority to Cebu first,” Garcia told reporters on Saturday, Jan 15.

Read more: Manila Bulletin News »

Aahwbbhhsgnaawaw Recovery efforts.. However, part of strategic recovery is the smarter approach to sporadic lockdowns.

Cebu City to open more isolation centersAnticipating detection of more cases in the coming days, Mayor Michael Rama said they will be opening more isolation facilities to function as a Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility (TTMF) and accommodate those who are experiencing symptoms of the infection.

Border controls to be reimplemented in Cebu province starting Jan. 17 — policeCEBU CITY, Philippines — Starting January 17, the Cebu provincial cops will reimplement border controls to check if public vehicles follow the 75 percent passenger capacity. Police Colonel Engelbert Soriano, Cebu Police Provincial Office (CPPO) director, said that they would reimplement the Executive Order 35B of Cebu province that Governor Gwendolyn Garcia made to address […]

Entire Cebu under Alert Level 3The entire island province of Cebu has been reverted to a stricter quarantine classification. The province will be under Alert Level 3.

Cebu City issues Alert Level 3 guidelinesCEBU CITY, Philippines -- Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama has issued guidelines that will have to be followed while the city remains under Alert Level 3 following the rise in COVID-19 cases

Cebu: A month after Odette’s furyIt’s been a month since Typhoon Odette battered Cebu, leaving a massive trail of destruction believed to reach billions of pesos

Cebu City logs highest number of new cases in a day at 505Cebu City has once again reported the highest number of new cases of COVID-19 with 505 on January 15 -- the highest logged since 2 years ago. Scary. With thousands on the streets today and cebuanos celebrating Sinulog in their barangays, this number might be surpassed in 1 week time.