In a televised public address aired late Monday night, Duterte said his economic team had started crafting a “recovery package” for SMEs.
President Rodrigo Duterte assured farmers, fishermen, and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) of assistance amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) crisis.
However, he did not bare specifics of the supposed aid.“To our farmers and our fisherfolk, we have not forgotten you. The government is now employing quick response measures to help you during the crisis as well as to ensure food productivity, availability and sufficiency during the period of the pandemic. The government is here for you,” he said in an address spoken partly in Filipino.
Duterte earlier signed the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act (Republic Act No 11469, which gave him additional powers to address the COVID-19 crisis.READ:LOOK: Bayanihan to Heal as One Act signed by DuterteIncluded in the law is the allotment of some P200 billion assistance for poor families affected by government measures to combat the infectious disease that has so far infected 1,546 in the country, 78 of whom have died while 42 managed to recover.
“We have allotted P200 billion for low-income households who are badly affected by the current crisis. They are those in the informal sector and those who live day to day on subsistence wages or no work no pay,” Duterte said of what he called the biggest social assistance program in the history of the country.
ADVERTISEMENT“Arrangements, beneficiary households will receive emergency support for their 2 months based on the regional minimum wage,” he added.Duterte placed the entire Luzon under a month-long lockdown, starting on March 16, forcing about half of the country’s population to observe home quarantine.
READ:Luzon now under ‘enhanced community quarantine’ – PalaceHis directive comes just two days after a botched attempt to restrict the movement of people living and working in Metro Manila.The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a pandemic. Worldwide, the virus already infected more than 723,300 people and killed over 33,990 while more than 151,800 people have recovered so far from the disease as of March 30.Read more: Inquirer »
DJEsguerraINQ What good is this assurance when there isn't a clear plan of action? Effing useless Mr. DuNOTHING Walang plan kung pano lalabanan ung virus, recover agad :) DJEsguerraINQ General statements. Nothing concrete. It's been a week. DJEsguerraINQ Wishing we had this kind of assurance when he declared the lockdown. And that, details of the support become clear sooner than later. There’s a wide swath of society now living on the edge without any income. Mayors / LGUs helping but this task is bigger than them.
Yess to compensate the needs of the informal sector. Laban lang po Pangulo at ikaw ay gagabayan ng ating mahal na Panginoon DJEsguerraINQ Nako magkakalat na naman dito yung kulang sa listening comprehension and analysis. Binasa nyo man lang ba ang laman ng bawat suhestiyon na nakasaad sa talata ng pangulo?
DJEsguerraINQ 🎵Bayan ko, nakita kang nakaya🎶 OUSTDUTERTENOW DJEsguerraINQ i-eextend pa daw ni digong ang lockdown? DJEsguerraINQ The nation doesn't need assurance. We need action. Mass testing. Proper compensation for frontliners. A clear breakdown of expenses. Now.
Congress awaits Duterte's first report on additional powersCongress is waiting for President Rodrigo Duterte to deliver his first weekly report on the additional powers it granted him to address the COVID-19 crisis. Anong congress waiting. They have all been SILENT since they signed the emergency bill dutae will report LIES.............all LIES!!!!! anong petsa na? yung speech nya pag tulog na ang lahat.. hmm in short wala din nmang bearing yung sasabihin nya..🤷🏻♂️
First line of defense? 'Not doctors, but people staying home'The home is the first battleground, two former congressmen tell the Duterte government's National Task Force COVID-19. COVID19PH COVID19Quarantine Like what cardinal Tagle shared in his homily yesterday..home is the frontline...healthworkers are the last resort. Test the healthy people now!!!
SPMC now ready to undertake confirmatory tests on COVID-19DAVAO CITY - The Southern Philippines Medical Center here can now perform confirmatory tests for patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) independently, according to City Mayor Sara Duterte. Take over Lang ng take over kahit mga walang idea sa pag mamanage nito
Enhanced community quarantine in Bacolod to start March 30BACOLOD CITY - The city government of Bacolod has stepped up its efforts to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), following three additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 here.
'Ministers to the sick': Doctor-priest offers services to Pasig health facility amid COVID-19 crisisA doctor-priest and some of his companions from a Catholic religious order offered their services to a health facility in Pasig City as the demand for doctors and nurses continue to rise amid the novel coronavirus outbreak. Reverend Fr. Dan Cancino of the Order of the Camillians—also known as the Ministers to the Sick—and his …
BuCor: No COVID-19 caseThe Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) has assured that it remains free from the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Wow! Congrats! Ang tanong binigyan po ba sila sa Covid_19 test?🤔 China claimed this first! Lol