Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra has directed the NBI to investigate and conduct case build-up on the alleged hospital pass for sale at the New Bilibid Prisons. pic.twitter.com/OnE0xSgIfL
Some 2,000 other heinous crime convicts have been released since 2013, data from the Bureau of Corrections showed.
The DOJ will direct BuCor Melvin Buenafe to serve the notices of preventive suspension and "implement it immediately," he said.Read more: ABS-CBN News
eh yung kay sanchez na may picture pa sa berdey ng kapatid pass pano?!
Faeldon unaware of DOJ order requiring clearance for inmates' releaseFaeldon: Kayata part, wa bitaw ko kahebaw ana... Wa man gud ko basa basa gud... Digong: Sagdi lang.. mahuman ra na... ako bahala nemo... Faeldon: see good boy lagi ko... Ano bang ginawa mo sa bucor? Wala kang alam sa kahit ano doon! Tambay lang, ganun?
Gordon laments Faeldon’s ignorance of DOJ Order 953: ‘That is why we have a fiasco today’The fiasco over the Good Conduct Time Allowance law stemmed from sacked Bureau of Corrections chief Nicanor Faeldon’s ignorance of a Justice Department order regarding the release of inmates serving life imprisonment, Senator Richard “Dick” Gordon told CNN Philippines’ The Source Tuesday. Why appoint an ignorant to a govt post? It's graft and corruption! Di ako naniniwala na di nya alam. Either wala silang filing system to know updates or keep documents o sadya na lang yan. Hepe ka mas may isip pa sa iyo magbasa ang rank and file.
76 GCTA convicts freed under GCTA now under BuCor custody – DOJMANILA, Philippines – A total of 76 people deprived of liberty (PDL) who surrendered after being freed under the good conduct time allowance (GCTA) are now in the custody of the Bureau of NAMercadoINQ
DOJ: No prisoner released on GCTA has left PH; 76 surrenderedDepartment of Justice ( DOJ ) Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra said Sunday none of the prisoners released prematurely on account of the Good Conduct and Time Allowance (GCTA) law has left the country.
2 more Chiong murder convicts to surrender – DOJThis follows the two convicted murderers of the infamous Chiong sisters case who had already surrendered last Friday to the Bureau of Corrections. Full story: “Expected to surrender?” EXPECTED? What if they don’t? We’re not satisfied with “expected.” We want to SEE them BACK IN JAIL & LOCKED UP. pnppio CIDG_PNP And that goes for ALL DRUG LORDS, MURDERERS & RAPISTS. Including their ENABLERS, ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.
4th Chiong convict released, but set to surrender – DOJJames Anthony Uy, who was convicted in the 1997 rape-slay of sisters Marijoy and Jacqueline Chiong, was released from prison last month under the expanded Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA).