Ncov

Ncov

Creation of Chinese desks in NBI put on hold due to threat of COVID-19

Creation of Chinese desks in NBI put on hold due to threat of COVID-19

22.2.2020

Creation of Chinese desks in NBI put on hold due to threat of COVID-19

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has decided to put on hold the creation of Chinese desks due to the threat of the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-2019).

“In view of the spread of the coronavirus then it may not be safe for them to travel, our foreign counterparts, from China to the Philippines,” explained the NBI spokesman.The creation of the Chinese desk at the NBI was reached during bilateral talks between the NBI and the Chinese government last December.

Once the Chinese desk becomes operational, Lavin previously explained the NBI will have easy access to information from China’s data base including criminal modus operandi and the groups and persons involved in these crimes.“This is the way forward for us to address all of these crimes relating to the increasing presence of Chinese individuals,” Lavin previously said regarding the creation of the Chinese desk.



Read more: Manila Bulletin News

Lalaking nagkalat umano ng maling balita ukol sa COVID-19 kinasuhan ng NBIMochaUson hala ka

Guevarra orders NBI to probe slay of SantosJustice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Thursday, Feb. 20, expressed suspicion that Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) Legal Division chief Frederic Santos may have been slain due to his alleged involvement in the irregular implementation of the expanded Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) law.

NBI files murder raps vs Sandra Cam over Masbate vice mayor's slay

Lalaking nagkalat umano ng maling balita ukol sa COVID-19 kinasuhan ng NBIMochaUson hala ka

DepEd: Off-campus activities suspended due to COVID-19 to resume Feb. 24Starting next week, national and regional as well as other off-campus activities may resume after the Department of Education (DepEd) lifted their temporarily suspension due to the threat of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

OFW from China gets threats over COVID-19PAGADIAN CITY—An overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who recently returned from China, now fears for her life as neighbors consider her a threat to their health because of COVID-19. The OFW arrived in Manila on Jan. 31 and went home in Tabina, Zamboanga del Sur, a day after. ADVERTISEMENT The OFW’s mother, Rosalie, has sought help […]



Duterte ‘inclined’ to extend Luzon-wide quarantine until April 30

Duterte says 'inclined to extend' Luzon lockdown until April 30

Duterte says not enough gov't funds in battle vs COVID-19

Duterte backs call to include middle class in social amelioration program

Why Mayor Sara is allowing taxis, tricycles in Davao City amid enhanced community quarantine

Bayanihan bails out San Roque residents, 21 walk free

[OPINION] It's our dissent that will save us

Write Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Please try again later.

Latest News

News

22 February 2020, Saturday News

Previous news

Duterte shuns military pact with China

Next news

Filipino-Americans ‘fired up’ as Tagalog added to Nevada ballot
As PH celebrates Holy Week, Duterte urges Filipinos to pray Philippines gives P16.34-B emergency aid to 3.72M families: report Duterte ‘agrees’ with Remulla’s appeal to include middle class in emergency aid LIST: Metro Manila supermarket schedules, Holy Week 2020 'Harry Potter' author J.K Rowling says fully recovered from likely coronavirus Natural drink to boost immune system produced by Eastern Visayas State U for frontliners World short of six million nurses, WHO says Miss England hangs up her crown to return to work as doctor during coronavirus pandemic [OPINION] I was trying to heal from trauma and grief – and then the pandemic happened Robredo: More dormitories available for COVID-19 frontliners in Metro Manila, nearby provinces ‘Walang tutol kung may tulong’: Netizens weigh in on proposed lockdown extension After ‘doctor shaming,’ a contrite Yeng writes new song for health workers
Duterte ‘inclined’ to extend Luzon-wide quarantine until April 30 Duterte says 'inclined to extend' Luzon lockdown until April 30 Duterte says not enough gov't funds in battle vs COVID-19 Duterte backs call to include middle class in social amelioration program Why Mayor Sara is allowing taxis, tricycles in Davao City amid enhanced community quarantine Bayanihan bails out San Roque residents, 21 walk free [OPINION] It's our dissent that will save us Duterte 'inclined' to extend Luzon lockdown until April 30 Duterte seeks more funds for COVID-19 response as P270B ‘not enough’ 10 laboratories can now do coronavirus tests in PH La Salle offers free online counseling service LOOK: Pia Wurtzbach delivers thousands of face masks to hospitals battling COVID-19