Cdntopstories

Cdntopstories

COVID-19 outbreak in uptown site affects 49 construction workers

#CDNTopStories: The cases were detected during contact tracing after one of the workers proved positive to the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) during their regular testing last week.

6/15/2021 6:00:00 PM

CDNTopStories: The cases were detected during contact tracing after one of the workers proved positive to the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) during their regular testing last week.

CEBU CITY, Philippines -- The high cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) recorded in Cebu City on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, has been attributed to an outbreak in a construction

|June 15,2021 - 02:22 PMExtraction of the construction workers from a site where a COVID-19 outbreak was recorded. | Photo courtesy of the Cebu City PIOCEBU CITY, Philippines — The high cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) recorded in Cebu City on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, has been attributed to an outbreak in a construction site.

Hidilyn Diaz wins first Olympic gold for Philippines Olympics: Hidilyn breaks through, but PH eyes more gold in Tokyo Long, bumpy road to milestone Olympic gold 'worth it' for Hidilyn Diaz

Councilor Joel Garganera, the deputy chief implementor of the Emergency Operations Center, said in a press conference on Tuesday morning, that a construction site along the boundary of Barangay Lahug and Barangay Apas recorded 49 COVID-19 positive workers.

The cases were detected during contact tracing after one of the workers proved positive to the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) during their regular testing last week.The 49 workers belonged to one shift that was scheduled to replace the workers on the site. The test result was found before they could be integrated into the site. headtopics.com

“Mga 130 to 160 ang giswab. It turned out 49 ang positive, and 46 niani mga Cebu City residents. And usa tua taga Toledo City and duha taga Mandaue City, pero together ni silag gipuy-an,” said Garganera.At least 47 of the workers were isolated at the Guadalupe Barangay Isolation Center (BIC) after being extracted on Monday evening, June 14, 2021, from their construction site.

Despite the outbreak, Garganera said the construction site had been meticulous in handling the situation with the health infection and prevention control officer (HIPCO) taking charge immediately after the outbreak was reported.The extraction was smooth as well as the construction site already had a protocol in the extraction of COVID-19 positive workers.

Garganera said that most construction workers are very strict in their safety protocols, which is why the EOC is not worried about certain outbreaks in these sites as they already have a protocol to contain the spread only to one shift of workers.For now, Garganera reminds the construction site to revisit its safety plans to avoid any outbreak.

He said that outbreaks can be prevented through proper testing and isolation of incoming shifts. Outbreaks must immediately be managed as well when detected. /rcgRead NextDistribution of Balik Pasada ARs transferred to CCTO officeDisclaimer:The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards. headtopics.com

Long, bumpy road to milestone Olympic gold 'worth it' for Hidilyn Diaz Hidilyn Diaz to receive P33 million for historic Olympic gold Iglesia Ni Cristo a beacon of hope for Filipinos amid pandemic — Panelo Read more: Cebu Daily News »

Metro.Style: Every Woman’s Guide to a Well-Styled Life

Your ultimate source for the best curated content on fashion, beauty, and lifestyle brought to you by the Metro Superbrand

Duterte orders Cebu to follow protocols from COVID-19 task forcePresident Rodrigo Duterte has directed Cebu province to follow protocols from the inter-agency task force leading the Philippines' COVID-19 response, Malacañang said on Monday. Hahaha...bobo lang talaga Cebu? Mahigit na isang taong ang pandemya. Tapos pagsasabihan pa ni Kanor na sumunod? Kailangan pa bang i memorize yan? Pag bobo and lider nabobo lahat. Hahaha

More Cebu mayors inoculated against COVID-19The list of mayors in Cebu that were inoculated against COVID-19 continues to grow as Talisay City Mayor Samsam Gullas gets his 1st dose.

Cebu gov to ask provincial board to revisit COVID-19 protocols on returning FilipinosCebu Governor Gwen Garcia said Tuesday that she would ask the provincial board to revisit the ordinance on airport testing of returning Filipinos from abroad. For over a year of pandemic people are now frustrated the way the IATF handling its job. Puro na lang quarantine ang nasa isip kaya ang mga OFWs at ROFs are angry at them. The Cebuanos are lucky to have Gov Gwen Garcia fighting for them!

Dumaguete COVID-19 cases rise due to easing of travel restriction: mayorMANILA - The mayor of Dumaguete City believes the easing of travel restrictions could be behind the rise in COVID-19 cases in the city.

DOH: Visayas, Mindanao show 'faster increase' in COVID-19 casesThe Department of Health says Visayas has 9,725 active cases, while Mindanao has 13,435 active cases. All totaled less than just metro Manila that wants GCQ.

Olongapo City gets 30 more COVID-19 recoveries; active cases down to 285At least 30 more patients have recovered on Monday, June 14, from COVID-19 in this Olongapo City, an official said.