Cebu’s Garcia clan to file barrage of suits vs docs, hospital for brothers’ death after COVID-19 recovery

  • 📰 inquirerdotnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 36 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 86%

Philippines Headlines News

Philippines Latest News,Philippines Headlines

The Garcia family, led by Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia, asked the Cebu City Prosecutor’s Office on Tuesday, Dec. 15, to hold the two doctors liable for the death of her two brothers.

The Garcia family, led by Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia, on Tuesday asked the Cebu City Prosecutor’s Office to hold the two doctors liable for the death of her two brothers.At a press conference on Wednesday , the Garcias said they tapped the expertise of US-based doctor Ravi Durvasula to support the clan’s claim. Durvasula issued a “judicial affidavit” in support of the Garcias’ suit.“Lack of observance of standard care and procedure.

“Our treatment protocols are in compliance with internationally reviewed and accepted guidelines of the global medical community,” it said. The Garcias said Nelson and Marlon both tested positive for SARS Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and had been cleared of the virus when they died on Sept. 1 and Sept. 6.According to their death certificates, Marlon died of “septic shock due to catheter-related bloodstream infection and ventilator-associated pneumonia” while Nelson died of “cardio-pulmonary arrest secondary to probable massive pulmonary embolism.

“We hope that other Cebuanos will not needlessly die because of this very obvious medical negligence, criminal negligence,” said Gwen.

Source: Healthcare Press (healthcarepress.net)

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.
We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 3. in PH

Philippines Latest News, Philippines Headlines