Top Civilian-JTF official abducted in Chibok - Premium Times Nigeria

Top Civilian-JTF official abducted in Chibok

2/27/2020

Top Civilian-JTF official abducted in Chibok

A top official of the Civilian Joint Task Force fighting Boko Haram in Borno State has been abducted by suspected members of the terror group, C-JTF...

Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF). [PHOTO CREDIT: Daily Post Nigeria] Related News A top official of the Civilian Joint Task Force fighting Boko Haram in Borno State has been abducted by suspected members of the terror group, C-JTF officials confirmed Thursday. Bello Danbatta, a leader of the C-JTF, confirmed to that Mohammed Abba was abducted early Wednesday. Mr Abba commands the C-JTF in Bambula village of Chibok local government area. “We received the shocking news yesterday with sadness that he was taken,” said Mr Danbatta Thursday morning. He said he was not aware of any other abducted member of the vigilante group. Associates say Mr Abba has been a die-hard hunter of Boko Haram and had resisted all attempts to be compromised According to reports on social media, the armed insurgents stormed Bambara at about 4 a.m.and began to shoot sporadically. During the shootout, many people who attempted to flee, including Mr Abba, were rounded up. READ ALSO: Boko Haram attacks another Borno village; burns school, church The head of the civilian JTF was abducted alongside many others who are yet to be identified. A source said the insurgents came in through the Ajigum Talala axis believed to part of the Sambisa forest, known as an ISWAP stronghold. A source also said the attackers went to the village specifically for Mr. Abba “because they headed straight to Abba’s home and took him.” Many communities in Chibok have suffered serious attacks by the insurgents in recent months. This is the first in a long time that a member of the C-JTF would be abducted. Since the beginning of the Boko Haram terror attacks in northeast Nigeria, more than 680 members of the Civilian-JTF, mostly youth, have been killed, the legal advisor of the group, Ibrahim Gunda, revealed recently. Civilian-JTF came into force in 2013 at the height of the Boko Haram insurgency when innocent civilians were killed daily by the militants. The youth of Maiduguri rose to conquer their fears in May 2013 when they began to confront the well-armed insurgents with only sticks and machetes until they forced them to flee from the centre of Maiduguri into Sambisa and other forests. Most of the youth, mostly without any form of combat training or body protection, have laid down their lives while helping soldiers to sniff out the Boko Haram. The Borno State government had in 2014 organised the youth security volunteers, under a legislated programme known as Borno State Youth Empowerment Scheme which ensured the youth were given some martial training, armed with light hunting rifles and patrol vehicles. Since then, the Civilian-JTF became part of most military operations and are targeted by Boko Haram. Read more: Premium Times

Well , I'll rather kill myself than being taken away by those baxtard they should go to where they met those that repented and beg with our money as usual for his release.our soldiers una sorry

ISWAP abducts civilian JTF chief in Chibok - The Nation NigeriaMembers of Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorist group have abducted the Head of Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF) in Bambula community in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, Mohammed Abba. He's a dead man, because Nigeria will not negotiate for his release ISWAP & Boko Haram terrorists Buhari boys. They are losing weight and doing well Buhari will soon grant him release in the name of repentance

Terrorists attack Chibok again, abduct civilian JTF leader, othersSeems dis guys do what ever the wish now The Government has failed us! How ? People we've defeated technically 🙄

B/Haram: Adamawa recruits 100 Civilian JTF members – Daily TrustAdamawa State Governor Ahmadu Fintiri says his government has recruited about 100 Civilian Joint Task Force members to further complement the efforts of the military in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgency. He said the size of the military could not cover the entire country, hence the need for supports from different vigilante groups. … 100? To do what? To fight? B/Haram? It sounds joke to me. 100 civilian JTF to fight BokoHaram with what? wonder full may god help u in revitalizing the lost glory of your dear state

Garkida attack: Governor Fintiri recruits 100 civilian JTF – Daily Trust* as NEDC moves to rebuild destroyed town The Adamawa State Government has appealed to the federal government to rebuild military facilities that were destroyed by terrorists in last week’s Boko Haram attack on Garkida town in the state. The state governor, Ahmadu Fintiri, said on Wednesday in Abuja that the state government had also … Thats our governor. Lie lie

Terrorists attack Chibok again, abduct civilian JTF leader, othersSeems dis guys do what ever the wish now The Government has failed us! How ? People we've defeated technically 🙄

ISWAP abducts civilian JTF chief in Chibok - The Nation NigeriaMembers of Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorist group have abducted the Head of Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF) in Bambula community in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, Mohammed Abba. He's a dead man, because Nigeria will not negotiate for his release ISWAP & Boko Haram terrorists Buhari boys. They are losing weight and doing well Buhari will soon grant him release in the name of repentance



[BREAKING] COVID-19: FG to evacuate Nigerians abroad

Chinese medical team to arrive in Nigeria soon — Health minister

Coronavirus: Fayemi names Fayose, Afe Babalola, others in resource mobilisation committee

BREAKING: Lagos may extend lockdown, says Sanwo-Olu

Coronavirus: Niger civil servants to resume work Monday (UPDATE) – Daily Trust

Benue governor, Ortom gets COVID-19 test result – Daily Trust

Coronavirus: FG seeks NASS approval for N500bn intervention fund

Write Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Please try again later.

Latest News

News

27 February 2020, Thursday News

Previous news

Iran reports 22 deaths from coronavirus; 141 infected – IRNA

Next news

Ogbadibo LG chairmanship candidate, Onuh leads thugs to attack DAILY POST Deputy Editor in Abuja - Daily Post Nigeria
Enugu health commissioner is dead - Premium Times Nigeria COVID-19: Nigeria now has 224 cases – Daily Trust COVID-19: Nigerians call for Funke Akindele’s arrest for hosting celebrity party Boko Haram: Chadian troops free Nigerian soldiers in captivity, kill 100 terrorists - Daily Post Nigeria BREAKING: 36-year-old dies of coronavirus in Lagos SERAP Asks FG, CBN To Provide Spending Details On COVID-19 Relief Funds China says it has sold nearly four billion masks abroad Army chief gives condition for embedding journalists in military operations COVID-19: ASUP Suspends Planned Indefinite Strike PDP Charges NASS To Ensure Transparency In N500bn Intervention Proposal Gunmen Kidnap Special Adviser To Nasarawa Governor BREAKING: Nigeria records 10 new cases of coronavirus, total now 224
[BREAKING] COVID-19: FG to evacuate Nigerians abroad Chinese medical team to arrive in Nigeria soon — Health minister Coronavirus: Fayemi names Fayose, Afe Babalola, others in resource mobilisation committee BREAKING: Lagos may extend lockdown, says Sanwo-Olu Coronavirus: Niger civil servants to resume work Monday (UPDATE) – Daily Trust Benue governor, Ortom gets COVID-19 test result – Daily Trust Coronavirus: FG seeks NASS approval for N500bn intervention fund Coronavirus: Reps seek two-month free power supply to Nigerians BREAKING: 6 persons who tested positive for COVID-19 escape from isolation centre – Daily Trust BREAKING: Missing Osun coronavirus patient found Lai Mohammed to Nigerians: Behave yourselves or lockdown will be extended Delta Killing: Police Accuse Slain Youth Of Flouting Army’s Order