Plateau attack victims get mass burial, youth boycott peace meeting - Punch Newspapers

14/01/2022 10:32:00 AM

The most widely read newspaper in Nigeria

Plateau Killings

Plateau attack victims get mass burial, youth boycott peace meeting - Punch Newspapers

The most widely read newspaper in Nigeria

14 January 2022The 18 victims of the Wednesday attack on Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State have been given a mass burial.The victims were killed when suspected bandits attacked Ancha community in the early hours of Wednesday.During the attack on the village said to have lasted several hours, the gunmen set several houses on fire and destroyed other valuables belonging to the natives, while many people also sustained injuries.

The President of Irigwe Youths Development Association, Ezekiel Bini, told The PUNCH in Jos on Thursday that those who were killed during the attack had been given a mass burial in three different locations.Bini said, “You know that the attacks were carried out in different places within the Ancha community. Some of the victims were burnt beyond recognition.

Read more:
Punch Newspapers »

There's no reason for peace meeting that has not worked in the time past. Tits for tat. Nigeria is a failed state under buhari and APC, Vote tinubu and get 8 more years of continuous disaster. Peace without Justice? Can we be fair about our dealings with human-beings? Will peace forestall future event repetition?- 🦅🦅🦅

Hnmm The government of those regions have been reduced to mere undertakers who arrange 'mass burials' for the people they swore to protect Is only Nigeria we’re hearing how people die like fowl and no solution

FG should pay youth entrepreneurs every kobo lost to Twitter ban –Lawyer - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria Dreams We wasted our subs on VPN😔😔 What about those using VPN🤷

Edo school rampage: Govt retires perm secs, two principals, fine students - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria sonia_coker I follow back 💯 1DDrive nharth_ EndSARS 🕊 fly without vpn But if your account is not flying. Follow me for an instant follow back.. Active followers 💯🔥🚀 Edoschoolrampage

Oyo monarch, 10 others to face terrorism charges in Abuja - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria Meri trf saay sb clear hy vist clear history map yahoodi qadni all zaameen

Onuachu becomes first Nigerian to win Belgian Golden Shoe award - Punch NewspapersThe Super Eagles and Genk striker Paul Onuachu has been named the winner of the 2021 Belgian Golden Shoe award. Congrats bro! I follow back immediately Can we Do it again ? Ehh 😁k Dangerous Road to Victory 🎖🦅 How Nigeria 🇳🇬 win 2013 AFCON 🏆 👑

MultiChoice appoints Babatunde as MTF academy director - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria

NCoS and reintegration of ex-convicts into society - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria

Published 14 January 2022 The 18 victims of the Wednesday attack on Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State have been given a mass burial.Published 13 January 2022 An Abuja-based human rights lawyer, Pelumi Olajengbesi, says there is nothing to rejoice over on the lifting on suspension placed on micro-blogging site Twitter by the Federal Government.Published 13 January 2022 Edo State Government has directed that the Permanent Secretaries of the Ministry of Education and the Post-Primary Education Board as well as the two principals of Idogbo Secondary School should procced on retirement following the student rampage at the school on December 3, 2021.Published 13 January 2022 A traditional ruler in Oyo State, Oba Solomon Akinola, and 10 other were on Thursday arraigned on 12 counts of terrorism before a Federal High Court in Abuja.

The victims were killed when suspected bandits attacked Ancha community in the early hours of Wednesday. During the attack on the village said to have lasted several hours, the gunmen set several houses on fire and destroyed other valuables belonging to the natives, while many people also sustained injuries. “Local digital communications firms and ingenuous Nigerian youths earn a living from the use of Twitter to post communications on behalf of their clients. The President of Irigwe Youths Development Association, Ezekiel Bini, told The PUNCH in Jos on Thursday that those who were killed during the attack had been given a mass burial in three different locations. In a statement after the meeting, Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Andrew Emwanta, said the council took the decision after it considered the report of a committee set up to investigate the fracas and make recommendations to the government. Bini said, “You know that the attacks were carried out in different places within the Ancha community. “But hundreds of youths lost this means of livelihood to the unjustifiable suspension of Twitter by the Federal Government in the last seven months,” Olajengbesi said in a statement on Thursday just as the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd. Some of the victims were burnt beyond recognition.

“So, after we went round the village in search of the victims, the 18 corpses were assembled in three places and given a mass burial in groups of eleven, five and two. The Buhari regime had suspended Twitter operations in Nigeria on June 4, 2021, after the micro-blogging platform deleted a controversial civil war post by the President. “The council also approved the rehabilitation of the school, which is now to operate as a Junior Secondary School.” Bini lamented that despite the Wednesday killings in Ancha village, the gunmen returned to the village on Thursday and destroyed some farms. He added, “The people are tired of conducting mass burial for their kins and are leaving in constant fear because of the activities of the attackers. According to the NetBlocks Cost of Shutdown Tool, Nigeria’s economy lost N104. “There are so many unanswered questions regarding the issue of ongoing insecurity in the council area. “The council also directed the decongestion of schools to enforce less than 50 students to a class. Read Also . Olajengbesi, who is the Managing Partner of Law Corridor in Abuja, therefore said, “The Federal Government should pay Nigerian youths and business owners who lost means of livelihood due to the seven-month suspension of Twitter in the country.