BREAKING: NLC suspends planned protest against petrol subsidy removal | TheCable

BREAKING: NLC suspends planned protest against petrol subsidy removal via @thecableng

1/25/2022 6:10:00 PM

BREAKING: NLC suspends planned protest against petrol subsidy removal via thecableng

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has suspended its nationwide protest over petrol subsidy removal.

Ayuba Wabba, NLC president, announced this to journalists on Tuesday in Abuja.He said the union made the decision at its national executive council meeting on Tuesday morning.AdvertisementThe NLC president said the decision to suspend the protest was based on suspension of the proposal to stop subsidy on petrol by the federal government.

Wabba said members of the NLC who had been mobilised would be demobilised following the decision to suspend the protest.“Following the reversal and reproach by government, the National Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress met this morning (Tuesday) virtually to consider the new position of the government,” he said.

Read more: TheCable »

Nonsense gra gra. alamutuniyi Fake planned protest. Everything that will happen have already been arranged 🤠. It's all a charade! Trust me! KeepItOn I hope they have been paid to stay at home and allow the irrelevant citizen to suffer the cause. PDP and its family are at it again. Labor and cable fake news. The government has said they are not removing subsidy for now. So you decide to go on strike just to make APC government look bad. . yeye people. Nobody go follow you disgrace yourselves

Obaseki mourns as Edo NLC Chairman diesOsayande's death came ahead of the planned February 1 workers rally against the planned hike in the pump price of petroleum products... May he rest perfect peace 😪 May GOD forgive his shortcoming grant him eternal rest R.I.P

Obaseki mourns as Edo NLC chairman, Osayande, dies | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsObaseki mourns as Edo NLC chairman, Osayande, dies | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News ⚠️

NLC reacts as FG suspends fuel subsidy removalThe Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has demanded that the federal government should re-engage the organised labour in discussions in order to find mutually Always Reacting

BREAKING: FG suspends planned petrol subsidy removalThe Federal Government, through the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, has suspended the planned petrol subsidy removal. Pls can someone here assist me with 2K or even 1K to buy Foodstuff at home? Pls don’t let hunger finish me pls😭I don’t mind any amount sef even if it’s to buy foodstuff even if it’s Only Rice and noodles that i can get😭pls help me retweet also,I am Starving…pls help me!😭😭 Unto 2023 This is welcome to all Nigeria.

Newspaper Headlines: Labour intensifies mobilisation for protest against petrol subsidy removal | TheCableNigerian Tribune says APC chairmanship aspirants are currently under scrutiny by security agencies ahead of the party’s national convention. The newspaper reports that bandits in military uniform have killed three persons and destroyed houses in Taraba.

BREAKING: Federal Gov't Suspends Planned Fuel Subsidy RemovalThe Federal Government has announced the suspension of the planned removal of petrol subsidy earlier slated for June this year. Minister of Finance, Election year Better They should please go ahead and remove the subsidy.

The protests had been scheduled to hold on January 27 and February 2. Ayuba Wabba, NLC president, announced this to journalists on Tuesday in Abuja. He said the union made the decision at its national executive council meeting on Tuesday morning. Advertisement The NLC president said the decision to suspend the protest was based on suspension of the proposal to stop subsidy on petrol by the federal government. Wabba said members of the NLC who had been mobilised would be demobilised following the decision to suspend the protest. “Following the reversal and reproach by government, the National Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress met this morning (Tuesday) virtually to consider the new position of the government,” he said. Advertisement ”The NEC after vigorous debates took a decision to suspend the planned nationwide protest scheduled for 27th January, 2022 and the national protest scheduled for 2nd February, 2022.”