Nagorny Karabakh, Nagorny-Karabakh

Nagorny Karabakh, Nagorny-Karabakh

New Armenia, Azerbaijan shelling despite calls for halt | Malay Mail

New Armenia, Azerbaijan shelling despite calls for halt | Malay Mail

1/10/2020 11:59:00 PM

New Armenia, Azerbaijan shelling despite calls for halt | Malay Mail

STEPANAKERT (Azerbaijan),Oct 1 — Heavy shelling between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces persisted today despite fresh calls from world leaders for an end to days of fighting over the disputed Nagorny Karabakh region. In the breakaway province’s capital Stepanakert, two explosions were heard...

Thursday, 01 Oct 2020 04:22 PM MYTAzerbaijan has not admitted to any military casualties. — AFP file picSTEPANAKERT (Azerbaijan),Oct 1 — Heavy shelling between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces persisted today despite fresh calls from world leaders for an end to days of fighting over the disputed Nagorny Karabakh region.

Mulianya Khabib kasihani Gaethje Cinta harta luntur iman Samsung mungkin tidak sertakan pengecas dan fon telinga

In the breakaway province’s capital Stepanakert, two explosions were heard around midnight as sirens sounded. Residents said the city had been attacked by drones.The rival Caucasus nations have been locked in a bitter stalemate over the Karabakh region since the collapse of the Soviet Union when the ethnic Armenian province broke away from Azerbaijan.

The fiercest clashes between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces in years over the breakaway region ignited Sunday and confirmed deaths neared 130 as fighting spilled over into a fifth day.Azerbaijan’s defence ministry said today its forces had carried out “crushing artillery strikes against Armenian forces’ positions in the occupied territories,” throughout the night.

Separatist officials in Karabakh described the overnight situation along the frontline as “tense” and said both sides exchanged artillery fire.“The enemy attempted to regroup its troops, but Armenian forces suppressed all such attempts.”The two sides claim to have inflicted heavy losses on opposing forces and ignored repeated calls from international leaders to halt fighting that carries the threat of drawing in regional powers Turkey and Russia.

Yerevan is in a military alliance of ex-Soviet countries led by Moscow and has accused Turkey of dispatching mercenaries from northern Syria to bolster Azerbaijan’s forces in the Karabakh conflict.It also claimed earlier this week that a Turkish F-16 flying in support of Baku’s forces had downed an Armenian SU-25 warplane, but Ankara and Baku denied the claim.

Calls for ceasefireMoscow has repeatedly called for an end to the fighting and on Wednesday offered to host negotiations.It also said it was concerned that members of illegal fighting groups, including from Syria and Libya, were being deployed to the fight.

Confirmed deaths have risen to 127 including civilians, with both sides claiming to have inflicted heavy losses on the other.Armenia has recorded the deaths of 104 soldiers and 23 civilians.Azerbaijan has not admitted to any military casualties, but an AFP journalist in the southern Beylagan region witnessed the funeral of one soldier killed in the clashes.

Wan Fayhsal on cabinet reshuffle: If it's not broken, why fix it Unimap diiktiraf 5 bintang Muslim world needs no lecture from you about free speech, Anwar tells France’s Macron | Malay Mail

Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani leader Ilham Aliyev have both rejected the idea of holding talks even as calls for a halt in the fighting mount.Russian President Vladimir Putin and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron, in a telephone conversation late Wednesday, issued the most recent call for a complete halt to fighting in Karabakh and said they were ready to intensify diplomatic efforts to help resolve the conflict.

Karabakh’s declaration of independence from Azerbaijan sparked a war in the early 1990s that claimed 30,000 lives, but it is still not recognised as independent by any country, including Armenia.Armenia and Karabakh declared martial law and military mobilisation Sunday, while Azerbaijan imposed military rule and a curfew in large cities.

Talks to resolve the conflict have largely stalled since a 1994 ceasefire agreement.France, Russia and the United States have mediated peace efforts as the “Minsk Group”, but the last big push for a peace deal collapsed in 2010. — AFP Read more: Malay Mail »

Umno told to submit official letter listing its demands to Perikatan

PONTIAN: Umno has been told to submit an official letter containing all their demands regarding its position in Perikatan Nasional to Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

Azerbaijan and Armenia reject talks as Karabakh conflict zone spreads | Malay MailBAKU, Sept 30 — Armenia and Azerbaijan accused one another yesterday of firing directly into each other's territory and rejected pressure to hold peace talks as their conflict over the enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh threatened to mushroom into all-out war. Both reported firing from the other side...

All-out war 'very close' as Karabakh deaths surpass 100Rejecting international calls for peace, Armenia and Azerbaijan vow to keep fighting. FMTNews

Putin, Macron call for ‘complete’ halt to fighting in Karabakh: Kremlin | Malay MailMOSCOW, Oct 1 — Russian President Vladimir Putin and French leader Emmanuel Macron called for a “complete” halt to fighting in Karabakh and said they were ready to intensify diplomatic efforts to help solve the conflict. “Vladimir Putin and Emmanuel Macron called on the warring sides to...

France and Turkey at odds as Karabakh fighting divides Nato alliesArmenia-Azerbaijan clashes have raised fears that other regional powers could be drawn into the conflict. FMTNews France Turkey

Fletcher calls on Man United to back boss Solskjaer in transfer market | Malay MailMANCHESTER, Oct 1 ― Manchester United must back Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the transfer market and bring in reinforcements or risk falling out of the Premier League's top four, former Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher has said. United have made just one signing, with Dutch midfielder Donny van de...

New Zealand’s Ardern admits to cannabis use ‘a long time ago’ | Malay MailWELLINGTON, Oct 1 — New Zealand’s ruling party leader Jacinda Ardern said she tried cannabis “a long time ago” when asked during a heated live debate yesterday ahead of the October 17 general election. Ardern, 40, is widely seen winning a second term in office on the back of her success in...