Bukit Aman on high alert over 'invasion' threat in Sabah, says IGP
KUALA LUMPUR: Bukit Aman will raise its preparedness to the highest level in Sabah to face any possible threat, says Tan Sri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani.
"We are aware of the media report claiming there are certain parties in the Philippines planning to invade Sabah."We are taking the matter seriously and we will take immediate action to raise our preparedness towards the highest level in Sabah," he said in a statement on Thursday (Dec 9).
The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) had good relations with the authorities in the Philippines in terms of sharing of intelligence on any activity that could threaten the safety and security of both countries, Acryl Sani said."So far, there is no confirmation on the supposed invasion plan," he said.
The country's top cop assured the public that the security in Sabah was under control."The police are ready anytime to face and curb any threat."Efforts are being made to identify and track down those in Sabah that might be involved in the plot. headtopics.com
"We will take stern action against any party who threatens the country's security and sovereignty," he said.South China Morning post reported that there was a secret meeting among 19 mayors in Sulu province to discuss the recruitment of 600 armed fighters to set up a"Royal Sulu Army" in order to invade Sabah.
The meeting was allegedly held with a senior political figure in Sulu who ordered each mayor to carry out recruitment for the force.The report, quoting a regional security official, also alleged that there were spies sent to scope out coastal towns.The source said the meeting was allegedly conducted by a locally-elected official of Sulu province, who gathered mayors from the Sulu Archipelago to discuss plans to set up the invasion force.
In 2013, over 200 armed Sulu militants had entered Sabah via Lahad Datu, resulting in a month-long stand-off and armed skirmishes in their bid to forcefully claim Sabah as theirs.Read more: The Star »
Covid-19: New daily cases drop below 3,000 mark, with 2,342 reported on Monday (Jan 17)
PETALING JAYA: There were 2,342 new Covid-19 infections reported in Malaysia on Monday (Jan 17), says the Health Ministry.
A job for the army (tentera) not PDRM right? I can imagine the police waving their handcuffs at the advancing enemy “You are under arrest for illegal possession of firearms”. PDRM better high alert for road bullies, robberies and racism. Eh…PDRM don’t do so much lah, leave some work to the army. Tentera nanti no job lah.
Since 2013… yet now only high alert? 😂 Invasion ?