Barcelona, Real Madrid say CVC investment in LaLiga is illegal

Barcelona, Real Madrid say CVC investment in LaLiga is illegal

Na

7/12/2021 8:30:00 PM

Barcelona, Real Madrid say CVC investment in LaLiga is illegal

BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona and Real Madrid threatened new legal action should a plan by the country's top soccer league to accept a cash injection from private equity fund CVC move forward, saying on Tuesday it was both illegal and too costly.

"The clubs are sovereign members of LaLiga, not prisoners of its managers," they said in an open letter."All these issues are so serious that they oblige the clubs to take the necessary legal steps to protect their legitimate interests," they added, after listing several aspects of the CVC arrangement, such as those related to the clubs' audiovisual rights, they said were illegal.

The three clubs took legal action in September to challenge LaLiga's CVC deal.The deal is, however, due to receive final approval on Dec. 10 and has been backed by 38 of the 42 clubs comprising LaLiga in a first round of voting. It would see the fund receive 11% of the league's television rights over the next 50 years in exchange for a one-off payment of 2.7 billion euros ($3.04 billion).

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bilbao reject the deal and have advanced an alternative proposal which would see JPMorgan, Bank of America and HSBC jointly lend 2 billion euros in exchange for a fixed annual payment of 115 million euros for 25 years, a document seen by Reuters last week showed. headtopics.com

Top 17 marketing and advertising companies in Malaysia | The Malaysian Insight

The three say their proposal would cost Spanish clubs around 900 million euros and clubs would retain control of their audiovisual rights. They say the CVC deal would have a price tag of 13.1 billion euros.LaLiga president Javier Tebas has strongly criticised the alternative proposal.

($1=0.8896 euros)(Reporting by Joan Faus, editing by Aislinn Laing and Ed Osmond)

Read more: The Star »

Goh Jin Wei files appeal with BAM over two-year suspension

PETALING JAYA: Former national No. 1 women's singles shuttler Goh Jin Wei is keeping her fingers crossed after filing an appeal to Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) concerning her two-year suspension. Read more >>

Barcelona berdepan misi sukar di Bayern | Harian MetroMadrid: Barcelona sekali lagi terpaksa bergantung pada keajaiban ketika skuad kendalian Xavi Hernandez memburu kemenangan di Bayern Munich pada awal pagi Khamis ini untuk mara dalam kelompok 16 terakhir Liga Juara-Juara. Barca bungkus

‘I am nobody without Peng Soon’, says Liu Ying | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, Dec 7 — “My journey as a badminton player would be incomplete without Chan Peng Soon and thank you for everything”. That was an unfeigned reaction from Goh Liu Ying, who was the former mixed doubles partner with Peng Soon, following their separation last night. Liu Ying said... Thx auntie for your contribution

Soccer-Inter's form means we're ready for final push in Madrid says InzaghiMILAN (Reuters) - Inter Milan coach Simone Inzaghi said his side's recent form will stand them in good stead as they target a Champions League victory at Real Madrid to seal top spot in their group.

Witness in Bung Moktar case admits to contradictions in statements | The Malaysian InsightInvestment agent denies prosecution’s charge latest claims fabricated to protect politician.

India, Russia sign 28 investment deals -foreign secyNEW DELHI (Reuters) - India and Russia signed 28 investment pacts on Monday, including deals on steel, shipbuilding, coal and energy, India's Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla said.

Ben Affleck is feeling ‘very lucky’ on his second chance with Jennifer LopezBen Affleck: I am very lucky in my life in that I have benefited from second chances, and I am aware that other people don’t even get first chances.