Na

Na

Abu Sayyaf militant gunned down

Abu Sayyaf militant gunned down

20.1.2020

Abu Sayyaf militant gunned down

KOTA KINABALU: Philippine security forces gunned down an Abu Sayyaf militant believed to be involved in the kidnapping of five Indonesian fishermen off Lahad Datu last week.

Monday, 20 Jan 2020 KOTA KINABALU: Philippine security forces gunned down an Abu Sayyaf militant believed to be involved in the kidnapping of five Indonesian fishermen off Lahad Datu last week. Regional intelligence sources said the gunmen and the hostages were currently on the run from the pursuing military forces. During the incident on Thursday, six gunmen kidnapped the hostages and fled on foot when they landed on Solre Island in Parang, within the militants’ stronghold in the southern Philippine island of Jolo. According to regional intelligence sources, the Filipino military set up a cordon around Jolo following reports of the kidnapping of five Sabah-based Indonesian fishermen and a shootout occurred late Saturday. “They conducted air strike operations using MG helicopters on a suspected Abu Sayyaf group in Solre Island that resulted in the death of one of the militants, ” the source said. The source said a grey-blue coloured speedboat and a mobile phone were also seized. On Thursday night, six militants from a kidnap-for-ransom group linked to suspected Abu Sayyaf militants abducted five Indonesian fishermen from their trawler in Sabah’s easternmost waters off Lahad Datu, about 10 minutes from the Tawi-Tawi chain of islands in southern Philippines. The hostages were taken from an eight-man Indonesian crew on board the Sabah-registered fishing trawler before heading towards the southern Philippines waters. Security forces under the Eastern Sabah Security Command were alerted to the incident by other fishermen at 1pm on Friday. They then immediately carried out an operation and alerted their Filipino counterparts. Those kidnapped were the trawler’s skipper Arsyad Dahlan, 41; La Baa, 32; Riswanto Hayano, 27; Edi Lawalopo, 53; and Syarizal Kastamiran, 29. All the Indonesians were working for a Sandakan-based fishing company. Regional intelligence sources said that the Philippine military was closing in on the gunmen and the hostages. Article type: free Read more: The Star

Philippine military says 5 Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf militants | Malay MailMANILA, Jan 19 —The Philippine military today said it has launched search and rescue operations for five Indonesian fishermen kidnapped by militants belonging to the Islamic State-linked Abu Sayyaf group in Malaysian waters last week. Eight Indonesians were abducted in Sabah on Thursday. Three...

5 Abu Sayyaf hostages likely in Sulu, says Philippine army8 Indonesians were abducted in Sabah waters on Thursday, 3 were released. FMTNews AbuSayyaf

Indonesians abducted near Sabah were taken by Abu SayyafMANILA: The Philippine military on Sunday said it has launched search and rescue operations for five Indonesian fishermen kidnapped by militants belonging to the Islamic State-linked Abu Sayyaf group in Malaysian waters, last week.

Kidnapper linked to Abu Sayyaf group killed in Philippines military air strikeKOTA KINABALU: Philippines security forces have killed a suspected Abu Sayyaf gunman believed to be involved in the kidnapping of five Indonesian fishermen off Lahad Datu last week.

Police: Five Indonesian nationals abducted by Abu SayyafJAKARTA: The Abu Sayyaf terrorist group has held hostage five Indonesian citizens in waters off Sabah in Malaysia, not far from the area where three other Indonesian sailors had been previously kidnapped.

Five Indonesian fishermen kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf off Lahad Datu watersKOTA KINABALU: Five Indonesian fishermen were abducted from the eastern edge of Sabah waters off Lahad Datu by kidnap-for-ransom groups linked to the notorious Abu Sayyaf groups from southern Philippines.



Bersatu, Azmin's MPs support Muhyiddin as PM, says Redzuan Yusof

Enough is enough, dissolve Parliament, urges Najib

Bubar Parlimen, seru Najib

Di sebalik Mahathir 'ok' pilih Muhyiddin jadi PM ke-8

Report: Dr M to return as Bersatu chairman

Pakatan will not approach Dr Mahathir because he already left us, says Anwar

Hisham: I'm open to working with anyone, nation's interest a priority

Write Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Please try again later.

Latest News

News

20 January 2020, Monday News

Previous news

‘Lifeguards needed at popular beaches’

Next news

PM hopes Year of the Metal Rat will boost Malaysia-China friendship | Malay Mail
Tommy Thomas quits as AG Tommy Thomas resigns as AG Muhyiddin didn't get party's blessing to be 8th PM, says Kadir Jasin Sokong Muhyiddin PM bukan keputusan parti, kata MPT Bersatu | The Malaysian Insight Tommy Thomas quits as AG (updated) Tommy letak jawatan? Tommy Thomas letak jawatan peguam negara S'wak DAP urges GPS not to be part of backdoor govt plot No matter who wins, we must all work to reconstruct the country Politicians gather at Muhyiddin's home, Zuraida gives thumbs-up Tommy Thomas resigns as AG Muhyiddin sedia galas jawatan PM-8
Bersatu, Azmin's MPs support Muhyiddin as PM, says Redzuan Yusof Enough is enough, dissolve Parliament, urges Najib Bubar Parlimen, seru Najib Di sebalik Mahathir 'ok' pilih Muhyiddin jadi PM ke-8 Report: Dr M to return as Bersatu chairman Pakatan will not approach Dr Mahathir because he already left us, says Anwar Hisham: I'm open to working with anyone, nation's interest a priority Kadir Jasin: Non-partisan govt idea was Dr M's last attempt to 'save' Malaysia Malaysia can't afford a snap election, says Ambiga | The Malaysian Insight We are still PH and Dr M has left, says Anwar Anwar has majority, seeking an audience with the King, says Pakatan presidential council Speaker: No special Parliament sitting on March 2