Ontario confirms 64 deaths related to COVID-19 with 626 people in ICU

2022-01-25 6:39:00 PM

Ontario confirms 64 deaths related to COVID-19 with 626 people in ICU

Daily Covid-19 Numbers

Ontario confirms 64 deaths related to COVID-19 with 626 people in ICU

Another 64 COVID-19 related deaths have been confirmed in Ontario as the number of people in intensive care reaches 626.

Of those in the ICU, Health Minister Christine Elliott says that about 85 per cent of patients have been admitted for reasons associated with the novel coronavirus.The remaining 15 per cent tested positive for the disease after being admitted for a different ailment.

Provincial vaccination data was not made available Tuesday morning.The 64 deaths, confirmed in the last 24 hours but that occurred over the past 20 days, bring the province’s total pandemic death tally to 11,068. Ten of those deaths were identified in residents of long-term care.

Read more:
CTV News »

Fatal crash closes stretch of Deerfoot Trail on Friday morning - Calgary | Globalnews.ca

A fatal crash Friday morning had Calgary police shut down both northbound and southbound lanes of Deerfoot Trail between 32nd Avenue and 16th Avenue N.E. as of 3:45 a.m. Read more >>

Oh !no one normally dies of other diseases in Quebec!🤔 Fake News at it again, reporting old numbers to fluff up the total. Where is your journalistic integrity? tellthetruth Accountability lies GameOver TruckersForFreedom TruckersConvoy2022 Once again 'related' the CTV Ministry of Truth LMAO 🤡 Give right numbers. The 64 deaths in Ontario is a count from January 1st. Not a daily count

Ontario's COVID-19 death toll surpasses 11,000 todayCOVID-19 NUMBERS: Ontario confirmed another 36 net new virus-related deaths today, pushing the province's COVID-19 death toll past 11,000. Net new? Did Sflecce write this headline? Very disrespectful way to state this…..

Ontario reports 615 COVID-19 patients in ICU, 3,861 patients hospitalizedOntario reported 4,790 new COVID-19 cases today but Public Health Ontario has said the actual number is higher because of changes to the province’s testing policy This is total and not net new right?

Ontario reports 604 in intensive care due to COVID19, 57 new deathsTORONTO - Ontario says there are 3,797 patients in hospital with COVID-19 and 604 people in intensive care units due to critical illness related to th...

Ontario announces 56 deaths due to COVID-19 Sunday, one under the age of 20The province’s number of COVID-19 patients in hospital dips below 4,000, though not all hospitals report on weekends. The ICU count on Sunday was 604. toronto star = communest china not 'due to', but related to. very different. 56 deaths thanks to Douglas Ford's daughter and her pro-covid friends. VoteFordOut2022 kristahaynesford NeverVoteConservative GetVaccinated repelbill124

New Brunswick reports two additional deaths related to COVID-19 SundayHealth officials in New Brunswick said Sunday that a person in their 80s in the Moncton region and a person in their 70s in the Bathurst region have died as a result of COVID-19. NOBODY CARES Nobody cares How much is rent in your city? ICYMI DyingOfOdsp DisabilityCrisisCanada 1.5 MILLION PWD are in DIRE LEGISLATED POVERTY in Canada. DisabilityTwitter CanadaNeglectsPWD PrioritizeTheDisabled DisabilityCrisisCanada

Wildlife research underway after COVID-19 detected for first time in Ontario deer | CBC NewsA Guelph expert says crucial research is underway after five white-tailed deer in southwestern Ontario tested positive for COVID-19. This is very bad!!! ....so there was no wildlife in those provinces before covid. Interesting spin. Its a pity I cant wipe my butt with this article because I like my phone.

On Tuesday, health officials said that 4,008 people with COVID-19 are being treated in Ontario hospitals, including 626 in intensive care units (ICU).Published Monday, January 24, 2022 10:23AM EST Last Updated Monday, January 24, 2022 10:23AM EST Ontario’s reported COVID-19 death toll has now surpassed 11,000 with 36 net new fatalities confirmed on Monday..min.

Of those in the ICU, Health Minister Christine Elliott says that about 85 per cent of patients have been admitted for reasons associated with the novel coronavirus. The remaining 15 per cent tested positive for the disease after being admitted for a different ailment. Last Monday, the province said there were 3,887 patients with COVID-19 receiving treatment in hospital. Provincial vaccination data was not made available Tuesday morning. Sign up for the. The 64 deaths, confirmed in the last 24 hours but that occurred over the past 20 days, bring the province’s total pandemic death tally to 11,068. The total number of lab-confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario has also now surpassed one million, hitting 1,001,455 today. Ten of those deaths were identified in residents of long-term care. A total of 371 long-term care homes have an active outbreak, up from 368 the day before.

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Health said that 15 of the 64 deaths occurred on Jan. Of the cases confirmed today, 814 involve those who are unvaccinated, 182 involve those who are partially vaccinated, 3,496 involve people with at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 298 have an unknown vaccination status. 23 and 24 deaths occurred on Jan. 22.4 per cent today, down from 24. The remaining deaths occurred "in the preceding days." "While this will not change the fact that these individuals tragically lost their lives, it is important to be transparent and provide the public with as much context as we can," Alexandra Hilkene said in a statement. The province has claimed in submissions to the federal government it can process 78,000 PCR tests per day, but has only approached that threshold twice in the past 30 days. 23, 2022.

In the last week, the province confirmed 408 deaths due to COVID-19. An additional 3,424 lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday; however, officials say that number is an underestimation due to a lack of testing. The number of ongoing COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes is now 402, down from 426 last week, according to the latest data released by the province. The number of tests performed in the last 24 hours was not made available by the government, and, as a result, Ontario’s test positivity rate is unknown. WHERE ARE THE COVID-19 CASES? The majority of infections have been reported in the Greater Toronto Area, with the province identifying 570 cases in Toronto, 527 in Peel Region, 197 in York Region, 164 in Durham, and 124 in Halton. But the peak of virus-related intensive care admissions likely won't be seen until February. Other municipalities reporting more than 100 COVID-19 cases include Ottawa (218), Hamilton (185), Waterloo (162), Windsor-Essex (159), Simcoe-Muskoka (141), Middlesex-London (129), and Niagara (123).

Of the lab-confirmed cases reported on Tuesday, 486 were identified in youth and children under the age of 19. “Our health system will likely continue to experience challenges through February. There were 1,260 cases in people between the ages of 20 and 39 and another 299 cases in people between the ages of 40 and 60. Seven hundred and seventy-six cases were identified in seniors over the age of 60. The number of cases for any city or region may differ slightly from what is reported by the province, because local units report figures at different times. TWO YEARS SINCE CANADA’S FIRST COVID-19 CASE On Jan. 25, 2020 the first presumptive positive case of COVID-19 was identified at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Nathan Denette Share:.

Two years later, there have been 1,004,879 lab-confirmed infections in Ontario alone, including deaths and recoveries. Backstory: The numbers used in this story are found in the Ontario Ministry of Health's COVID-19 Daily Epidemiologic Summary. The number of cases for any city or region may differ slightly from what is reported by the province, because local units report figures at different times. RELATED IMAGES .