Manitoba reworks six-figure ad campaign after recent spike in COVID-19

  • 📰 globeandmail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 92%

Canada Headlines News

Canada Latest News,Canada Headlines

The campaign, once focused on economic recovery, is becoming more about health precautions

At one point in July, Manitoba had flattened its infection curve so much that there was only one known active case. That stood in sharp contrast to every other province west of New Brunswick.Winnipeg offered to be the site for a shortened Canadian Football League season and the government launched advertisements on billboards, social media and elsewhere with the message: “Ready. Safe. Grow.”

While some physical billboards have yet to change, electronic ones in recent days have been swapped out to feature a new “Know The Facts” slogan, along with pictures of recently adopted colour codes — red, orange, yellow and green — to denote different levels of restrictions that can be imposed if case numbers rise.

When the campaign first began, the Opposition New Democrats said it ignored health concerns and was a premature taxpayer-funded victory lap for Premier Brian Pallister’s Progressive Conservative government. Even the revamped one is using dollars that could be better spent elsewhere, the NDP has suggested.“The premier doesn’t get it. Spending ...

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.

Spike in deaths? Hospitalizations? ICU cases? Those are the only numbers that count. Anything else is the media inciting panic. Casedemic

'This week the CDC quietly updates the covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That's 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2-3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.'

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 5. in CA

Canada Latest News, Canada Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Politics Briefing: Measuring the economic hit from COVID-19Also: What Leslyn Lewis will do next Yes, let's blame COVID19. Not the poor decisions and overspending of JustinTrudeau and the liberal_party. Remember back when they gave the WHO $850 million? $1 billion to their friends at WE? The hundreds of millions cathmckenna threw in to the infrastructure black hole?
Source: globeandmail - 🏆 5. / 92 Read more »

COVID-19: Fraser Health recruits 'health influencers' to slow spread among youthHealth authority asking young people to help craft social media content to bend the curve of COVID\u002D19. We can easily STOP the spread by turning off TV and mainstream media. Koch's Postulates. Dr. Orr's 1981 study. Gates' patents. Oh wait, you are owned as well, never mind.
Source: VancouverSun - 🏆 49. / 61 Read more »

COVID-19: Outbreak declared over in Haida GwaiiNorthern Health says there have been no new cases since Aug. 6 We could use some tips on how they did it
Source: VancouverSun - 🏆 49. / 61 Read more »

Tour de France: Cycling body relaxes COVID-19 exclusion rules on eve of opening stageThe UCI said Friday that a team won’t be automatically sent home from the Tour de France if two of its riders test positive for the virus within a period of seven days as was initially planned Wonder if steroids do anything against the China virus. Guess we'll find out. This virus is so selective.
Source: globeandmail - 🏆 5. / 92 Read more »

MLB, MLBPA announce two positive COVID-19 tests over past week - Sportsnet.caMajor League Baseball and the MLB Players Association announced Friday that there have been two positive COVID-19 tests across baseball over the last week. Covid lives matter. I’m protesting. At least it's improving... for now And subsequently tested negative
Source: Sportsnet - 🏆 57. / 59 Read more »