'He sucked on a gas bottle … and it killed him': Parents urged to talk to teens about 'huffing'

  • 📰 abcnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 14 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 9%
  • Publisher: 83%

Australia Headlines News

Australia Latest News,Australia Headlines

A father tells ABC Radio Adelaide his 16-year-old son died after inhaling gas from a barbecue gas bottle to get a high.

"We jumped in the car and I took them back there, and there was an ambulance there and three paramedics working on Paddy when I got there."

"They continued to do that for 45 minutes after I got there but they couldn't get his heart to start again," he said.Adrian said after talking to a few people about huffing, some teenagers had admitted to trying it, and knowing others who had as well.

 

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will be published after being reviewed.
Please try again later.

He died doing what he loved

That we need to be “urged” to tell our children not to suck gas bottles is a clear sign that society and the future is truly fucked, regardless of how many trees we plant. auspol

Was he a vegan?

Really appreciate how this article lists other things to inhale.🙄 Such responsible journalism.

Sucked on a gas bottle. FFS. Funny that we are worried about the future climate of the planet. I’m worried about the morons on the planet.

Yep. Don’t do a Paddy.

Omg

Subterranean structural inflation of planet. SHOULD NOT BE EXTRACTED. End of Story. It's highly poisonous,and if released prior to a separation process, that removes DEADLY component. WTF do companies think planets substructure is? I demand entire industry is closed

That`s a first but probably because balloons have been banned🤦‍♂️

enough of them do it, a sort of culling of the species to allow others to live... in limited space on earth

Shut down all BBQ galore stores immediately.

These are the people Greens want voting.

Probably a good thing future generations won't have those genes.

Well, that's it. What's good for 1 ( vaping ) is good for all. We MUST ban BBQ's before all our kids die!!

It's a pity that people think this is a chance to make a joke. Just realise that behind your funny quip is a family minus one son. The only solution to this sort of stuff: Legalise safe(r) drugs. No-ones died from smoking a spliff.

Darwin award!! 🏆

What did he think would happen? 🤦

Natural selection

I knew a kid and HS that huffed gasoline He killed his Dad and ate him

This is outrageous! Why hasn't ScoMo implemented a GasBottleEmergency?

RussellEgan

Kids these days really need to learn the dangers of Jenkem.

I identify as a BBQ.

Darwin award nominee.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

 /  🏆 5. in AU

Australia Latest News, Australia Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Man killed by flying gas bottle in Sydney's severe thunderstormA man has been killed by a flying gas bottle during a severe thunderstorm that pummelled Sydney with damaging winds, flash flooding and hailstones.
Source: 9NewsAUS - 🏆 10. / 72 Read more »

Police appeal for information after man killed by falling gas bottleThe 37-year-old man killed by flying gas bottle in a “freak accident” during Sydney’s storms on Tuesday night has been named as Hoong Leong. Ah that poor guy
Source: newscomauHQ - 🏆 9. / 77 Read more »

Man killed by flying gas bottle as storms lash SydneyThunderstorms have felled trees and caused power outages across Sydney as damaging winds and large hailstones battered the central and southern parts of coastal NSW.
Source: SBSNews - 🏆 3. / 89 Read more »

Man killed by airborne gas bottle during storm | Sky News AustraliaA man was killed overnight after being struck by an airborne gas bottle during severe storms in Sydney.\n\nThe 37-year-old was walking in Sydney's CBD just before midnight when the gas bottle hit him.\n\nHe was taken to hospital but succumbed to his injuries. \n\nThe thunderstorms sparked widespread power outages with over 20,000 homes and businesses without electricity.\n\nThe SES received at least 300 calls for help, mainly for fallen trees.\n\nWind gusts in excess of 110 km\u002Fh were recorded across the city.\n\nImage: News Corp Australia\n\n
Source: SkyNewsAust - 🏆 7. / 78 Read more »

Man killed by falling gas bottle in 'freak' Sydney CBD accidentA 37-year-old Chatswood man was struck by a gas bottle while leaving after-work drinks with a colleague on Harrington Street at The Rocks shortly before midnight | marywardy marywardy Last night’s massive rains were terrifying, must be an accident because of the strong winds
Source: smh - 🏆 6. / 80 Read more »

NSW police search for gas bottle owner that killed man during wild storm | Sky News AustraliaPolice in New South Wales are resuming their search for the original location of a gas bottle which killed a man during wild storms in Sydney.\n\nThe cylinder is believed to have been blown from a highrise balcony in The Rocks before hitting Hoong Leong.\n\nPolice have described the incident as a one-in-a-million incident.
Source: SkyNewsAust - 🏆 7. / 78 Read more »